Nadia and 2 rounds of Whole30. The magic isn't happening?

Nadia B

Thanks Nadia - I enjoyed reading your post.  It is good to know that my body will do what it wants to do.  Heck it has doing that for years but with junk foods (ie just getting larger and larger!).  It may take the old bod a long time to realise what I am trying to do so I shall learn to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Little follow up as some people seem to read and find my piece heplfull. Some people might have read the log I keep (where I whine/write about my health troubles) and feelt deceived. "Whole30 hasn't fixed her life! So here comes my little preach2.

Nadia, I am late to the party, but I had to say that I loved your write-up. I loved it hard. You expressed so beautifully what I try to say to so many Whole30 participants who are struggling, discouraged, who give up before they even start. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, and for continuing to participate here and share your experience with others.

Best,
Melissa

Melissa. I am sorry for being rude and never saying thank you for finding time to say kind words personally. I was totally overwhelmed that my story got attention and was struggling to find proper words. I was fighting to get my health in order (still am) and I was in a dark place that time. I hope it's never too late to be grateful, so thank you.

Second thing I wanted to write is for the whole30 firstimers. I am thrilled to read that my post is helping some
of you to keep going. I just want to encourage you all to think beyond "It's gonna be ok", "I have to lose all the weight I think I need to lose" and "Once it's all good there is nothing that can reverse it". And it is going to be ok, for the matter of fact.

We all talk how Whole30 is great for physical and mental healing, self experimentation and weight management. It's a self awareness tool as said by fellow forum member. Yes, all of that.

The more I commit to the whole9 lifestyle (8 months through) the more I realize that it's an identity creating program. No less. Our habits reflect what we think about ourselves. What kind of person do you want to be? Then act like one! In order to believe in new identity you have to believe that you are already this person. In order to believe in new identity you have to create behaviors of your ideal image. Appearance and performance goals are ok, but the change has to come from within first. You have to prove to yourself that you are type of person who can achieve these goals. Whole promotes behavior change rather than outlines strict eating/exercising plan. This makes Whole30 special for me. We do what healthy happy people do - choose to eat real food, choose to take care of our sleep, choose to deal with stress and choose to be darn proud of it. Choose to vs Have to. Choose not to vs Can't.

Good luck to all of you.

Thank you for your posts - the majority of us on this forum have the good luck to be born at a time and in a place where we can truly 'choose' how we create our life.  This is a huge blessing that generations before us may not have had or people in other parts of the world may not have now.

That's not the same as getting three wishes from a genie and asking for things without working hard for them - but like the magic genie scenario... you have to be careful what you wish for.  we can all choose criminal activty to be 'rich' and eating disorders to be 'skinny' and plastic surgery to be 'beautiful'....but that is not really the sprit of the wish to be happy and healthy, is it?

Your original post should be pinned at the top of the 'trouble shootng' and / or success story thread because all of us have the 'where is the magic' moments... and we need to see how you came back day after day and tried again. And I love your ballet teacher.

Archived