What about Fruit Juice?

ckred213

Ok, I read the page on the sugars not allowed but there is a STAR next to Fruit juice and at the bottom of the page the STAR explain it is the one thing "not excluded" from the whole 30..I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Not excluded from Whole 30 so we Can have fruit juice?? Like I have orange juice in fridge..ingredients are orange juice..no added sugars. Sorry if this sounds ignorant I just want to make sure we do this correctly:)

Thanks for any feedback...Day 1 complete :)

You're better off eating your fruit. You get the pleasure of the mastication and a fuller feeling, and your digestive system gets to work as it was intended. I do use a touch of pineapple juice to season chicken and have baked a chicken breast with orange slices covering the meat.

I'm on day 6. There are more wizened W30s who may answer your question a touch differently. In It Starts With Food, it is explained (paraphrased) as I gave it above. Having said that, if I wanted a smidgen of orange juice, I'd have it. the only time I have juice is after exercise if my blood sugar is super low. I always have a 4 oz juice box with me.

Can you make your own orange juice out of a fresh orange and enjoy the orange as well?

Well, I understand how drinking juice as a beverage is not W30 compliant and that eating the source of those vitamins is better by consuming the fruit. But I'm finishing out a prescription of iron (500 mg a day) and was told by my doctor to consume vit C with the iron to help my body absorb it better. Well, during my first attempt in April I still drank 8 oz. of OJ in the a.m. and p.m. This time around (began 5/2), I'm not drinking the juice. I did more research and discovered that bell peppers and kiwi have more VitC than oranges! So, there's a variety of VitC sources in raw foods I'm just clueless as to how much to eat to meet my 'extra' needs for a few more weeks. Any thoughts?

There's a really wide variety of foods high in vit C this link http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-011101000000000000000-w.html lists them in order, there's 77 of them :) I haven't read them all, I reckoned the first couple of pages showed I was getting plenty. I was told when I was taking an iron supplement to just make sure I had some vit C containing foods at the same time as i took the supplement. this gives you plenty of choice.

Thanks so much Kirsteen! Isn't it welcoming to know that most of what our bodies need can be found in whole foods? I'm excited thanks for the link, it appears as if I was already on the right track in this area. One day this week I had 2 kiwis, 1 bell pepper + kale sauteed in coconut oil for breakfast to ensure I wasn't missing the vitC intake. I won't stress out about it too much!

• 1 year later...

What about adding a bit of juice to sparkling water? For example, I like San Pellegrino and want some variety - so is adding a little organic, no sugar added, straight from the fruit juice ok?

A splash of juice in sparkling water is ok. Lots of people also put whole fruit slices or berries into their water for a treat.

Oh yay! Sooo glad to hear this! After reading the sugar =!sugar ='sugar post, i had myself convinced it was an iffy proposition. I'm not personally wresting too much with a sugar dragon, so I will happily keep adding a splash of 100% juice to my sparkling water.

Archived