Beef Bone Broth

Jinkse21

I have a running bag in the freezer for bones. I will buy a whole pastured chicken once a week and then add whatever bones are in my freezer bag. Having a chicken neck (he pastured chickens I buy come with them attached) and back (I cut the back out to spatchcock) seem to really add nicely to the gelatin factor. Ive heard feet are great but I don't have a good source ATM.

I want to get into more beef bones, but I do like to have just beef broth on hand for cooking. So I tend to keep my animal Classes (Orders? --Mammals and birds) separate. But I know I should mix them all up for max nutrition.

I've always wanted to be more consistent in my stock making, and this WOE forces my hand. I love it. A hot cup of broth feels so good and nourishing.

Beets sometimes I mix my bones but I love a good beef stock. I roast the bones for an hour at 400 degrees first. Then everything goes in the crockpot for 24 hours. I end up with the tastiest beef broth. So gelatinous and rich.

I have been adding the Great Lakes brand grassfed beef gelatin powder to all my broths lately just because. I also mix beef and chicken and roast the beef bones first for more color. Sometimes I add a thick strip of kombu (a sea veg) with the mirepoix.

broth :wub:

I have been adding the Great Lakes brand grassfed beef gelatin powder to all my broths lately just because. I also mix beef and chicken and roast the beef bones first for more color. Sometimes I add a thick strip of kombu (a sea veg) with the mirepoix.

broth

Moluv, the kombu is a great idea. I love that flavor.

Skim the fat and re-melt it, let that cool. When it is almost solid, add sunflower seeds. Pour it in a mold - a paper cup, a bowl, whatever you have. You have just made a little something special for the birds (especially woodpeckers) in your yard.

Archived