Aria Tuscan Grill - HELP

Wow, Katy! That is a tough menu, although everything looks amazing. If I were you, I'd pick a protein and a veggie or two off of the menu, then call the restaurant. (Normally, I'd just ask to speak to the chef, but not on a date.) Anyway, explain your current food limitations and options and see if you can order the protein (probably cooked in a clean pan with olive oil or steamed) and veggies (likely cooked the same way) and seasoned with compliant flavors that they have in the kitchen.

Then, maybe you can give a heads up to the maitre de and you can order confidently without making the beginning of your evening too awkward or uncomfortable.

I just saw that #18 looks close, if they could make it without the wine. Would also need to check the chorizo for compliance and have them leave it out if it isn't. If they have chicken broth to use in place of the wine, make sure it is compliant - maybe they make their own.

I would have the pork chops grilled with no butter no sauce. Ask them to skip the potatoes and request double the escarole instead. I would not worry too much about the oil. It is a W30 legend that canola is prohibited but you could request olive oil instead. You should still call (not during lunch) and ask about the escarole. Have fun!! :)

What about the ahi tuna crudo?

I'm not seeing the crudo.

Susan, I've discovered that a lot of the local restaurants use soybean oil. It is insane. I'm not expecting that with this kind of place, but that is the oil that concerns me the most when eating out. What do you think?

The crudo looks good. Protein, fat, and veg. I'd still do a quick check on ingredients. I'd also worry about portion size - this kid gets hungry! Anyway, the place we have eaten at most recently has olive oil blended with "vegetable oil" which could include corn or soy.

Asking questions is your friend. Not looking to neurotic and enjoying your evening is even better!

Let us know how it goes.

I emailed the chef about the ahi tuna crudo and this is what he said!

The Tuna crudo dish is served raw. It has in it lemon juice, olives, red and yellow peppers, fennel, olives, garlic and shallot, fresh mint, extra virgin olive oil.

thank you and have a great dinner.

IT'S WHOLE30 FRIENDLY WITH NO SUBSTITUTIONS! Hooray!

Archived