Strong (Wo)man and strong appetite

First, I want to apologize in advance for my horrible spelling. For some reason spell-check isn't working on my phone.

I have been crossfitting since August but only seriously since January. I also started doing Paleo in January. Since then I have been 100% paleo 80% of the time. Recently I have decided to do a Strongman competition. I won't compete till next year but I have started training now. That being said... I am trying to get down to the light-weight division of 140#. I'm weighing in now at 157#-160# depending on the day.

My main problem is... I'm ALWAYS hungry. I snack all day at work (all paleo friendly snacks. I make my own kale chips, jerky, and a lot of hard boiled eggs, etc). But nothing will keep my hunger at bay for very long. And the more training I do the hungrier I get. I don't have time at my job to sit and eat meals so snacking is almost the only way I get to eat. And there are only so many Tupperware containers I can fit into my mini-frig at work. All I drink is water. Can't remember the last time I had anything else.

Any tips would be great. So in short I have a year to lose 20# and still eat...

My suggestion is that you jump in with both feet and try a whole30! See what impact this will have on your body.

Just looking at your snacking, you likely are not eating enough healthy fats, which would keep your hunger at bay.

snack foods like jerkey pack a lot of calories into relatively little mass; have you tried snacking on more bulky foods like vegetables? Or adding bulkier foods to your snacks, since if you're doing strongman training you need a lot of calories to begin with! As a bonus, a lot of veggies don't require refrigerating; you can just bring carrots, celery sticks, etc. and keep them at room temp so no need to crowd up the mini-fridge any more.

Archived