Digestive enzyme

little_muffin

Hi - We use Animal Parade TummyZyme. It's a combo enzyme and probiotic chewable. It has sugar, but it's easy for my son to take. In the past, when on higher doses, we used Enzymedica Digest Gold. We'd open the capsule and mix it with apple sauce because he wasn't old enough to swallow a pill.

Would you recommend them? I'm thinking that Hattie may need them for a while as she is "going" a lot during the day and waking at night to go, which makes me think that her body is not taking all the nutrition out of the food.

How old is your daughter? I know you posted this elsewhere but I can't remember. She is a toddler, right? Just curious because I don't know that I'd interpret frequent urination? bowel movements? as an indication of poor nutrient absorption.

I think upset tummy, constipation, bloating would indicate the need for an enzyme. Not saying there's anything wrong at all with giving it anyway. I'm sure most kids coming from SAD would benefit. Just not sure you need to worry that this is necessarily going on.

We use them to help with gastric reflux and food allergies. My son says they help. He is 8, so a better reporter than a toddler, but still a kid. I do firmly believe, though, that they helped him absorb more nutrients. In the first 6 months of being on high doses of enzymes and probiotics, he went from very low on the growth charts to well above average.

We use them to help with gastric reflux and food allergies. My son says they help. He is 8, so a better reporter than a toddler, but still a kid. I do firmly believe, though, that they helped him absorb more nutrients. In the first 6 months of being on high doses of enzymes and probiotics, he went from very low on the growth charts to well above average.

Oh, I'm sure they help a ton! I swear by them and recommend them heartily and now, after reading this, I'll probably put my kids on them. I hadn't thought of it so I'm glad his came up.

I just mean I don't think frequent bathroom trips necessarily = poor absorption. Frequent urination, if that's what we are talking about would make me wonder about a UTI. Frequent bowel movements might be a result of changing the diet.

Thanks. We are talking about both. Urine trips are about once every 15 mins and bowel movements can be the same but she won't do them during the same trip. Her poops are mahoosive too!

I'm just concerned that it's not normal. Also she is constantly complaining that she is hungry, like 20mins after a meal. She doesn't have any allergies that we know of but having done W30 is much less angry, more attentive and generally back to herself. I'm just a bit concerned that her movements are so regular that her bdy is not getting chance to absorb anything

Oh, I'm sure they help a ton! I swear by them and recommend them heartily and now, after reading this, I'll probably put my kids on them. I hadn't thought of it so I'm glad his came up.

I just mean I don't think frequent bathroom trips necessarily = poor absorption. Frequent urination, if that's what we are talking about would make me wonder about a UTI. Frequent bowel movements might be a result of changing the diet.

I was replying to her question about whether I would recommend them. :D I agree with you that frequent urination doesn't sound like a nutrition issue, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure. I know they help me with constipation (thanks to Beet's recommendation :D ), but I'm not sure about frequent movements. I would think they might, but I'm not sure. I don't think it would hurt to give it a try. It might hurt your pocket book to try spendy supplements that don't work, though.

Archived