Tiff's whole30 log :)

Tiffany P

lunch was random, applegate farms turkey, some almonds, dried fruit.

Tonight's workout was an endurance WOD:

1 mile run for time 8:23

Then...

25 min AMRAP with a partner

100 Deadlifts @ 135#

50 pistols

25 handstand push-ups

800m run with 25# plate

we got a round and a half in. I did 53 DL's at prescribed, then dropped to 95# for the last 47. My pistols are a disaster! And I do handstand pushups on a 24" box because I have an irrational fear of being upside down :(

Dinner was pork and avocado in a pure wrap, and my reward for surviving that ridonculous workout - paleo pecan pie. Easy, easy...it is three dates with six pecan halves. Crunchy, chewy, sweet and my favorite paleo reward. I don't know why, but it just does it for me.

now I'm off to bed, hope I can stand up tomorrow. Night all!

So true! I'm just too lazy to blitz it up and roll it into a bar shape :)

This morning was an early WOD:

20 back squats @65#

12 min amrap: 5 push press @ 65, 10 push ups, 15 box jumps.

breakfast in the car on the way to work: 1.5 beef snack sticks, organic pear/spinach baby food pouch, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: mexican skillet bake thing from paleomg, found one piece still in the freezer and it just sounded really delicious this morning :)

snack - which I always seem to need when I workout early - winter squash puree and applegate farms turkey breast.

I'm seeing some impressive results in the gym! Last night's run is probably the fastest I've gone a mile since high school. And I'm feeling stronger in my lifts. I've experienced a few PR's in the last two weeks, despite my derailment on the original day 9. Not going to lie, I really enjoy it when the coach says "damn, girl..."

The addition of digestive enzymes has been great, so shout out to the moderators and members who brought those to my attention! Thank You!

I've experienced a few PR's in the last two weeks, despite my derailment on the original day 9. Not going to lie, I really enjoy it when the coach says "damn, girl..."!

I'll join him..."damn, girl...!"

You are doing so great, it's a pleasure to read your log.

Thank you, that is so sweet!

but seriously, it hurts to move right now. I changed out of my fabulous wedge pumps back into my new balance minimus [fished out of the gym bag] and it is much easier to walk...but holy moly...

So tomorrow morning I leave for a weekend trip with college roommates. I'm really excited because I haven't seen some of them since I graduated - oh - twelve years ago. But I'm also nervous to take this whole30 on the road. I've stocked up on items that are travel friendly, so we'll see what TSA has to say tomorrow. For the record, there is no specific mention of can openers in their prohibited items list! Anyone want to take the over/under on a bag search? I'm thinking it's a slam dunk, I'll give myself extra time.

Did I mention my fear of flying? Or that I usually have a cocktail to relax before boarding? No? Well, now you know. And two of the girls I'm traveling with this weekend are nutritionists. I'll let you all know how it goes ;)

OK, I know you have all been dying to know...YES, you CAN take a can opener through security :) And I didn't have to submit for a bag check. The girl in front of me with the hockey stick had much bigger issues, but I digress.

So here is what went through security: Two cans of tuna, two cans of trout, a lunchbot full of celery and carrots, oranges, apples, two larabars, camelback bottle with filter, almonds and...of course...the can opener :)

I spent a successful weekend with two vegetarians, one gluten intolerant, and two lactose intolerant. Basically, they did all the advance work for me, finding restaurants where everyone's various allergies could be accomodated, and I just tagged along making the occasional modification. We ate in the condo for breakfast everyday and we even cooked dinner as a group Saturday night. Luckily, I was driving the cooking bus so everyone got to eat paleo! Except for their ice cream...which I was quite jealous of. But the thing that had me scratching my head was the amount of pills being taken - what is the stuff called, lactaid? I mean, if a food group makes you feel like poo, why not just give it up? Your body is trying to tell you something!

Archived