When to do another W30?

Littlepeanut

I'm just curious how far between W30 most people go??... I did my first one at the end of Jan and post W30 have done pretty well... but I feel sort of sluggish so I was contemplating doing another W30 to get myself geared for summer and the amazing farm food headed my way. It really helped with aiding my cancer results when I did it before! The best I've felt in close to 2 years!

I can't imagine that it would be "unhealthy" or "unwise" to do them within 6 months of each other, but I'm curious on someone else's perspective.

Any insight is helpful.

Thanks W30 community! :)

LP, your reason and timing sounds good. Some people do them quarterly, some basically live it with an occasional off road when its worth it and some do it just to reset and break the slippery slope thing. Go for it girl. :0)

I'm currently on my 4th whole30. My first one was last may. I wouldn't put an official timeline on your whole30s, but rather when You think your body needs a boost. I eat pretty close to 100% paleo when I'm not whole30ing but sometimes I off road and get off track. When that happens I usually begin a new whole30!

I did my first in April and I think I'll do another soon so I can "lock in" my habits before getting in a failure/self-hatred cycle of falling off the wagon.

After that, seasonally or quarterly sounds like a good plan.

Personally, I do one whenever I feel out of control with other aspects of my life. It's nice to know that you have control of SOMETHING when you're under crazy life stress....or maybe that's just my type A self.

I just finished my first whole 30 in April right before a visit from my family. I am planning on doing another one in July before visiting my sister in the UK. My thinking is that if I am feeling healthy before the visits, I may be less likely to overindulge on booze, sugar and dairy) I have gotten my sister interested in a Paleo eating style which is a bonus.

I will not do another w30. The first go (75 or so days it took me) worked so well at changing my relationship to food that now 1month post I have stayed the course with only minor dramas. I'm not able to add back most of the things w30 removes wo having swift and annoying/uncomfortable reactions so I can't veer too far off anyways, which maybe makes it easier. All of the things I daydreamed about adding back (wine, cheese, bacon, chocolate) haven't been worth trading my good feelings for. During my w30 time I got the guts to pursue a lifelong dream and I know that seeing that through relies heavily on a mental and physical state that can ONLY be achieved by clean eating and pursuing that dream makes me so happy I won't allow anything to get in my way now. Sounds cliched I know, but this program really worked its magic on me. I'm sold on it but I know I won't need to subject myself to the 30 days of rules because I already transformed.

Archived