Allergic to avo?!

I haven't confirmed it, but I'm starting to suspect an allergy to avocado. I'm only on day 2, but I started noticing raised spots on my arms that looked like bug bites and itched. We had been standing outside so I had assumed they were, in fact, bug bites. Well they're still itching and I'm starting to notice a few more popping up here and there. I noticed my itching increased after eating some tuna salad with an avocado mayo mixed in this afternoon and a new "bug bite" under my chin. Avocado is really the only new food I've introduced to my diet heavily in the last several days. Coconut products are new, but not as new as avo by a couple weeks. So, I'm starting to suspect an avocado allergy.

My question is, besides nuts & cooking oils, what are some good healthy fat alternatives, if I am truly allergic to avocado?

I thought I might be allergic to them too so I stopped eating them for 5 days then tried them again and luckily no reaction. I did find that I do not do well with Coconut Aminos and possible coconut oil but I have plenty of other fats to choose from like bacon fat from sugar-free bacon, olive oil, olives, homemade mayo, nuts, fat from grass-fed meat....

I gave it a test run at dinner tonight... Had 1/2 avocado, figuring that if it was the avo, my itching would get worse. But, that doesn't seem to be the case so far! Hubs suggested maybe an allergy to the tuna (the avocado from the past two days had been from the avo mayo I made and mixed into tuna salad). So, there's still hope. I'd rather be allergic to tuna than avocado. :)

Archived