How do you control yourself?

Dear me, our food tastes so good that invariably I want (and sometimes do) seconds. I do batch cooking with the aim of feeding hubby and me, hubby the next day, and some for the freezer. There is never enough for the freezer nowadays. How do you control your food intake when it tastes this good? Even the food template is not working. I know how much I should have but can't stop myself from reaching for more :P

So long as you fill up on the veggies, you should be okay. Too much protein and fat can be hazardous to your waistline. It is almost impossible to overeat on veggies.

I agree that the food I eat now is far better than anything in my previous diet. When I think back to the way I used to eat, and what I considered delicious, it was all grey. Monochromatic meals, heavy gluey sauces, everything smothered in cheese or cream in an attempt to give it flavor. Now my plates are colorful and loaded with all sorts of individual flavors and textures. My friends look at me with pity over the things I "can't have". They have no clue.

I have found myself going back for seconds on multiple nights in a row too and felt a little sheepish about it :unsure:

I've decided to follow the meal template and finish my plate if I am hungry enough to eat what I have served myself (which I always am!) Then if I am still hungry, I can have another helping of veggies. Then if I am truly truly still hungry (like hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli) then I can have another helping of protein. It is the protein that is always luring me back for seconds, so I am hoping that with filling up on voluminous veggies, I will feel more full and only eat what my body is demanding.

I portion it all out in to plastic containters at the same time as serving. 2 big spoonfulls of stew per person on the plate and then usually at least one additional meals worth (for four people) in to a plastic container for the freezer, and then if I'm lucky a single portion or two for a lunch for me.

I have found that different days are different. some days I am hungry for seconds (or thirds!) and I have them. for a while I was portioning out my food. I had the same amount and all of a sudden I realized I was getting hungry where before I hadn't been. I ALWAYS had 3 eggs for breakfast and some sweet potato hash. last week I decided to up the eggs to four and add more hash. all of a sudden I felt wonderful again.

I guess my point is that some days we are more hungry than others, and the point is to listen to your body. my solution? (because I did just what you were doing - I loved my food and ate until I was stuffed which is what I was doing before) I ate my meal. waited about 10 minutes and tried to decide if I was really hungry or I just liked what I was eating. if it was the former I ate more, later I thought about how I would enjoy it the next day for lunch/dinner.

I also had to stop rationing out my food because I found myself getting really possessive about it. I wanted to cook something and have it for XX amount of meals, so I would eat less so I didn't have to cook as much. I wasn't listening to my body, I was listening to my brain tell me how much I was allowed to have.

FINALLY - this was a big realization for me - I have been working out and lifting so much more than ever. I have more muscle. I am more hungry. end of story. :lol: :lol:

I did eat a really high fat lunch yesterday (late - around 2:30) and wasn't hungry again. I am still not really hungry this morning. because I'm not currently doing a whole30 didn't eat dinner. if I was doing a whole30 I would've had a very small meal last night.

Archived