High protein diet and fertility

percypat

Total anecdata here, but I got pregnant 2 months after finishing my first Whole30 with no fertility treatments at all. For my first pregnancy, we tried unsuccessfully for 3.5 years, then finally had to get treatments, so it was quite a surprise ;)

We got pregnant after 3 months of following the Primal Blueprint, after 6 years of trying, 4 failed IUI's and being told that IVF was the only way we would get pregnant since hubby's swimmers were at such a low count. OH and my last IUI was 3 years before we conceived Have a little 2 year old :-)

I wonder if this is why my sister and one friend have/had so much trouble! Both are fish-itarians and soy/margarine eaters. Neither has/had a period after over a year of being off BC. Sister is on meds just to try to HAVE a period (let alone ovulate!). Friend took 10 years to naturally conceive.

Hmmm...guess I'm going to be careful on my end just in case!

Mrs.Stick--We have friends who were vegetarians for years until the husband discovered he had celiac disease and had to cut out all grains. He started eating a paleo-like diet and with in 6 months of adding meat back into their diets, they were expecting. I think there is something to this!

The weird part is that no one EVER in the medical communities seems to tell vegetarians or those with weird meat-eating habits (I only eat chicken on months that include the letter R or whatever) that infertility could be related to eating their so-called "healthy" diet. *sigh*

The weird part is that no one EVER in the medical communities seems to tell vegetarians or those with weird meat-eating habits (I only eat chicken on months that include the letter R or whatever) that infertility could be related to eating their so-called "healthy" diet. *sigh*

Call me a cynic, but why would they? They can't make any money that way on treatments! Not saying all docs purposely exclude that info - a lot of it is excluded in their education - but some know... Lucky for us, though, there's this little thing called the internet and books! :)

Archived