Coconut butter and sugar dragon

Healthysc

So I am just starting my whole 30 and I am trying to get rid of my sugar dragons, I love fruit nuts and dark chocolate. So from what I have read u should eliminate fruit and nuts ( and of course chocolate), but I also love coconut butter. Is having a spoonful at the end of my meal feeding my sugar dragon? If I put it on a sweet potato for my meal is that ok, or should I eliminate this too for the first two weeks? Thanks for the advice

if you are having it at the end of the meal then you should stop it. if it is part of a meal it's ok. same as fruit, etc. you don't need to eliminate fruit or nuts, but the same rules apply. with the meal/as an ingredient/on the side? ok! at the end? nope! :)

Actually, I think what Jess means if you are treating it is a dessert then ditch it. Which "at the end of the meal" usually means. However if it is because you want to end the meal with that flavor, that is different. It really depends on whether you just like it as a healthy fat or if it has a hold on you.

Ok, I think I am replacing wanting something sweet with coconut butter. But how am I doing on the rest of my meals.

Meal 1: (post CrossFit wo) 3 eggs, half avacado, some lettuce and 3/4 cupish butternut squash soup.

Meal 2: big salad with a cup of beets, 1/3 sweet potato, sliced turkey palm size, a few olives, half avacado and a large spoonful of cocinut butter. Coffee and 1/8 can cocinut milk

Meal 3: broccoli, kale, chard stirfry with prawns cooked in coconut oil probably ate 3 cupsish?, green salad with kale and pumpkin seeds with olive oil and vinegar, 1/2 a sweet potato and a large spoonful of coconut butter.

I'm also nursing a 4 month old and usually CrossFit 2-3 times a week, run 2-3 times a week and play soccer once

I think your meals look good but then I saw the nursing part on top of all of that activity. How are you feeling? Melissa Hartwig is a new mom and has given her 2cents on the subject of bf, activity and amounts of food. I will see if I can find those threads but on my phone so I will have to do it when I am with my laptop. Robin is out and about so she may beat me to it. :)

IMO a nursing mother should eat to satisfaction of the approved foods. A spoonful of coconut butter is different than a jar of coconut butter. You don't have to do a perfect W30 for it to work and you won't receive an award at the end anyways. Following the template MOST of the time is going to yield significant change in your body which I have a hard time believing a bite of something here and there outside of that framework has the ability to destroy. I am speaking from my own experience obvsly, but I didn't do it perfect all the time and I made extraordinary gains in my health, body comp and relationship with food.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you're nursing a 4 month old, doing CrossFit, other workouts and also tackling a Whole 30. You're going to feel great. Do nourish your body sufficiently so that you oth are strong and healthy.

Archived