South Beach

bi0nicw0man

A lot of these diets/ways of eating that people are having success with have some common elements. It really doesn't matter if other people fully understand what you're doing, unless they've asked for instructions so they can do it themselves, or unless they're preparing your food.

• 2 weeks later...

For about the fifth time, today when I was explaining Whole 30 to someone I was met with the response that it's 'just like South Beach'...! Anyone else ever get this?

I get this response almost all the time. If not, substitute Atkins for South Beach. I just say something like, "sorta." I don't push anything unless I'm asked and then, the flood gates are open and I explain like a maniac :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking to an aunt once who said it was just like Atkins. I tried to explain the differences and she smirked at me, so I didn't bother continuing.

I don't talk about it with my family much anymore. I don't want to be preachy but also, I don't want to deal with eye rolls, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

This morning, when I explained it briefly, someone said, "Oh, and I sure hope you are taking a multivitamin with that since you're not doing dairy or grains." Is it too catty to observe that this person was at least 100 pounds overweight???

Yes because there are no nutrients in fruit, vegetables, and animal protein.  :rolleyes:

When I explain the program I always make sure I mention that all the nutrients found in grains are found in vegetables and are more bio-available.

Yes, my husband's family thinks we are low-carb and low-fat, despite having clearly explained it to them a few times by now. (His brother is low-carb/high-protein though, so I think they just can't keep track of all our different preferences, heh.) I eat carbs and fat! I LOVE carbs and fat! I depend on carbs and fat! Gimme my sweet potatoes and squash and homemade mayo and avocados! Yum.

Archived