• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel ill after consuming the last of my sunshine sauce on brisket and cabbage. Knew it was too much food and considered rinsing my precious brisket, but I didn't want it to be flavorless AND contaminated.

Ugggggggggh. Haven't been this full in a long time.

Psyched to start!

Help! Help! I just tried to make an avo mayo with cocknut oil. It turned into...souffle? It's very dessert like What happened? Most important - how to fix it?

I did have lemon juice in mine- and salt- and it was thick like store bought mayo (or pudding, mmmm, puuuudddddiiiinnnggg) but it was def not sweet. And I also did use the liquid cocknut oil (as I was reading all of y'all's crotchpots and cocknuts I was giggling so much I had to try to explain to my husband what this little joke was all about and I think he was just totally perplexed at the notion of gabbing like a bunch of schoolgirls with people I know only through the Internet. Oh well, his loss!)

And Beets, don't be disheartened by the length of time required for AIP- that is for people diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. We are all still just in inflammatory mode- which I believe to be a sign of a possible leaky gut- but none of us (that I'm aware) are so far gone that our immune systems are attacking us. Not saying that couldn't happen 10-20 years down the road without this miraculous intervention right now. I go into this feeling so fortunate to have learned so much about nutrition and my body and this is just one more way to learn. And to be doing it with the support of some awesome women just makes it that much more invigorating. The ten days in my view is really just a trial period, a test drive to see if you notice a slight improvement then you know if you need to keep going or not. Lets wait to mourn the loss of tomatoes till after the 10 days are up. And in the meantime celebrate all the amazing, nourishing foods, the creativity of shared recipes, and the healing community we have here!

post-14185-13686234145632_thumb.jpg

Good Morning AIPers! Happy Eating to you!For Breakfast I had cold leftover chicken and AIP safe "curry"- butternut squash, coconut milk, fish sauce, coconut aminos, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, onion powder and Celtic sea salt topped with a sprinkle of dried green leaves. Mug of bone broth. (Don't worry I won't post every single meal this way, just wanted to get off with a bang!)

Hi "Team inflammation"! Happy day 1!

I've managed to f**k up ALREADY. How great is that? No stress, onward. My body decided to show me everything that we need to fix this morning. Breakouts, rashes, scalp stuff, bloat and feeling of extra 20 lb (15 of them in my eyelids). Oh well, no big deal. L/o chicken with lettuce/mango/cucumber salad. I've also tried another version of AIP friendly mayo as I have to figure out something. I just can't let go :) I also ate the whole avocado. As my tummy was not feeling right I reached for one of the kombucha bottles fermenting on the shelf. Now here is the power of the habit. Strained the drink and ate boozy fruits as I am used to. Look at the label - strawberry/pineapple. Duh.

Squash/parsnip fries and bacon/spleen pinwheels for lunch. Dinner - magic orange endive and tuna braised in olive oil.

Hello team inflammation. I just read through all of your posts. I guess I am theoretically doing AIP though I'm only onDay 15 of my Whole 30. I've gotten rid of the last of the nuts I ate the first week. My ISWF should arrive tomorrow. I didn't know about AIP but eliminated nightshades because of RA and eliminated beef eggs and oranges because of blood tested sensitivities.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if I could read your experiences without seeming creepy since I'm basically eating this way for my Whole30. I've already gotten rid of what's on Paleomom's list.

God luck everyone!

Hiya

Today is day 50 of a WholeSomething. I am going to test AIP for 5 days so I have enough time to reintroduce a few things before company and DD graduation next week. Thanks for letting me tag along.

I will not eat

Eggs

Nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and all those spices)

Ghee

Nuts and seeds

Nsaids

I will have at most 1 cup of coffee /day

If I have forgotten anything let me know. Happy eating!!

Printable list of FODMAPs if you feel like doing AIP is not enough :)

Thank you. I know that was for every one but I'll chime in that I'm going to wait on those. The window for reintroduction is so small before company comes. Afterwards and possibly the rest of the year (!?!) I am going to continue to test and refine all this. :)

Nadia, are you avoiding strawberries or pineapple? I feel like I keep discovering new lists of things to avoid--just when I'm feeling confident.

Moluv, I hear you. I don't have a serious auto-immune disorder. Thank the maker. But I know Paleo Mom had to go pretty hardcore for a long while to get rid of her psoriasis. I don't need to totally eradicate mine. But her bit about "no slips at all ever" for months freaked me out.

My husband does have a serious auto-immune disorder--sarcoidosis. It's in remission (after years of prednisone) but I'm sure eating this way will help him too.

You have a recipe for that squash curry? Looks like a tasty thing to have in the fridge. Love your graphics.

Day started great. Kids slept till almost eight, I had 9 hrs of sleep. Boo ya! I threw the unbeaten square of chocolate I left on my desk in the trash. I didn't nibble the wallerbars I mixed up for the kids.

All hell broke loose, kids spread diaper cream all over the living room when I sat at the computer for five mins. I didn't eat breakfast till way too late (turkey, cabbage, scallion AIP-friendly Asian-ish meatballs made for my son's lunch--was starving by time I ate and ate half of them), left myself no time for a veg.

I have zero meat in my fridge. I can get my butcher to deliver but his beef is grass-fed/grain-finished, his chicken not pastured. Whatever! I need protein and I refuse to take my son food shopping. Too PMS-y for that experience.

Sardines and kale salad for lunch.

Aside from the big food offenders, the biggest piece of this puzzle for me is most likely stress. During my w30 I was going to bed earlier, this has to be a priority. I'd also intended to mediate or do daily yoga; I failed that. I'd like to try for that again with v low expectations. And of course feeding myself in a calm, timely manner and not standing ravenous over a cookie sheet will help.

Beets, thanks for questioning. Somehow I assumed that seeds in strawberries and other berries should be avoided too. I can't find a sufficient back up for this. More of a personal sensitivity thing. However I found out that they contain a compound that is found in most of nightshades. Verdict - fine occasionally.

Day One, here we go....

2 big projects done, feeling the relief. Suddenly I am very tired (staying up till 1am didn't help).

Breakfast was leftover grilled chicken, grilled baby zucchini, mashed turnips and coffee/cm. I am having nightshade paranoia... everything is a nightshade, lurking around every corner... Okay, calm down.

Here's a picture of my bone broth. Does it look right? (other than being sideways, happened with posting)

post-13243-0-00436700-1368642556_thumb.j

• Moderators

Hey gang! Uneventful day one on AIP for me. As predicted, cumin and ghee are the only things I have to think twice about, but it's no biggie. The best thing is I rode my bike today and it made me SO HAPPY.

How'd you get your JOY in today?

Joy...my yoga teachers 30 birthday in class we did 30 chatarangas and I did every one. Some on my knees, but I didn't think I could do them all and I did! Ballet tonight- the ultimate joy.

As predicted, cumin and ghee are the only things I have to think twice about, but it's no biggie.

Interestingly, in Practical Paleo, cumin is on the list of okay spices. Which is weird, right? It is a seed.

Fam making pizza tonight, of course, lol. Right. So, I'll make meatza with ground beef crust, prosciutto, avocado, spinach, olives, fennel, and whatever else I can think to put on it. I'll take a picture.

Re-read the sections on AIP in ISWF and Practical Paleo this afternoon. Avo is a FODMAP I learned, as is the apple I ate, and coconut. Geeze, doesn't leave much. But whatev. Cultivating FODMAP mindfulness at this time; that's how Ima spin it. The focus is AIP. Avoiding eggs (sorry chickens :(), nightshades, nuts, seeds and ghee is enough of a project for now.

Oh, and berries, yea it's mentioned briefly in both books, certain berries, like blueberries are ok. Those with seeds not so okay.

Hope everyone else's day has gone well!

Interestingly, in Practical Paleo, cumin is on the list of okay spices. Which is weird, right? It is a seed.

I don't trust practical paleo on those matters as their first meal on AIP protocol is mustard glazed chicken thoughts.

Archived