Reintroduction issues

arield94

Today I finished my 2nd whole 30 back to back. I havent been able to do the reintroduction yet because I know that I will over indulge on dairy and carbs. I currently weigh 293 pounds, I started 60 days ago at 326. I haven't had cravings for weeks already I didn't even know that was possible, I don't want to restart my bad habits.

Wow, that's amazing progress! Congratulations. I don't have any great advice, as I have not yet finished my first Whole 30, but I'm definitely worried about back sliding, as you mention, and it feels great to not be controlled by my cravings. I don't want to give that up.

I suppose you could ask yourself what things you really, really miss, and try ever so slowly to reintroduce them, one at a time, and see how you feel. If it triggers you to want to eat more, it's probably not worth it. I'm listening to "It Starts with Food", not sure if you've read it, and it's really helping me see that certain "foods with no brakes" (tortilla chips for me, any sweets) contribute to me overdoing it with carbs and lead me right to cravings-sugar roller coaster land.

Good luck!

Archived