Starting 3/8/17!

CriticalValue196

I'm going to be starting on first Whole30 on Wednesday, the day after my birthday. I'm going to enjoy a final sushi dinner on Tuesday night and then jump in on Wednesday morning. I'm going shopping today to get prepared, and I already ordered some coconut aminos online to ensure that I'll be able to get the flavor in my Whole30 mix.

I haven't followed any kind of regimented plan since my family did Atkins 13 years ago, but I know I need to try something different than what I'm doing. Starting a Whole30 is pretty daunting because most of my consumption is of foods that are off-limits. I know that's not only going to make the whole program more difficult, and I'm a more than a little nervous about those first days when my body will desperately crave everything I won't be allowing it!

For those who have done successful Whole30s in the past, what do you recommend I do in my last two days to prepare?

Hi,

Today is day 1 for me. The things I thought I would miss are coffee and stevia. I had early grey tea this morning for the caffeine. Breakfast was egg, mushroom and potato cupcakes with a banana. Mid morning stress caused eating of an apple and some carrots.

Lunch is a mix of tuna, English cucumber, tomato, cilantro(forgot the avocado!) with olive oil, lemon and sea salt. Blueberry herbal tea. I have a backup sweet potato here also. Tuna is dense so I think I will be fine.

I have a skirt steak marinating for carne asada tonight. Hope it's yummy!

Happy Pre-Birthday!

Denise

Someone said tuna packs in olive oil keep well and I found a bar at Target called That's It. Has apple and cherry as the ingredients. Pricey at 1.79 a bar but I normally spend more than that on Starbucks.  If I get any side effects, it's usually around day 3 or later. I'm fat but I love veggies and fruit so I don't know if the detox will be that bad as my diet is normally pretty good. I fall apart with snacking and portion size and late night eating.  Menopause has caused me to crave sugar when I normally crave salt so I am praying that this will break that habit!

Happy Birthday - Birthday Twin!  It's my bday today as well.  I will join you in starting, but I will be a day behind as I am doing my b-day happy hour tomorrow, I will start cleaning out the junk tomorrow (ie diet coke - bad me!) and hit it full on on the 9th.  I did this for 3 weeks in late december early January knowing I would go off as I had a trail race in Terlingua Texas (Big Bend State Park) not much there to keep it healthy and we were campling, but I thought I would get back on after the weekend but a fall and 13 stitches (I still finished the race!) in my hand made it impossible to use a knife and couldn't chop veggies, etc.  But I am looking forward to re starting.  Keep in touch.

Avocados  and bacon made this possible.  Sweet potato hash - yummy.

Archived