New to Whole30-April 24th start date & support group

DWood

Hello!

Single mom (with a husband) and two eaters who fight me every weekday night to eat their dinners.  I'm nervous to do Whole30 because of this but refuse to cook different meals for them and myself.  They will be trying many different foods and a lot more vegetables.  Here's to temper tantrums, dinner bellies full of just yogurt and bananas (and goldfish), and my mantra to them "try it three times first."  I have success with the 6 yr. old but nothing with the 3 yr.old.  I'm just thankful she eats plentifully at her provider's.  Usually, these temper tantrums and whining, complaining from both kids lead me to convince myself that I "deserve" a treat for putting up with it after a full day of work and the dinner/bedtime routine (bath, book, bit of milk, bed by 7:45-8:00).  That treat is binging on anything and everything...Snickers ice cream bars, tostito chips, etc. 

Looking for any other 4/24 starters for support!

6 minutes ago, DWood said:

Hello!

Single mom (with a husband) and two eaters who fight me every weekday night to eat their dinners. 

Please don't call your self a single mom if you have a husband. That's a total oxymoron and a real insult to those of us who actually are or were single moms. You have 100% more support than any single mom working this Whole30 program. 

I empathize with your struggles with your kids, it sounds like you need parenting support as well as support for doing this food plan.

There are 2 other forums for the same start date with post on them. Just wanted to say you are amazing to start this journey. It can be rough. I did my 1st w30 2 1/2 years ago. I did it alone, but the family had to eat what I cooked(no exceptions). They did have things that weren't w30 (lunches for school) and snacks but, breakfast and dinner they got what I made. Same for Hubby. I was tough at times but I made it through. My husband was so impressed with my results that a month or so later the whole family did it together! ( kids got W30 lunches and snacks) hubby was 100% compliant! The kids still ended up not following 100% due to friends parties and activities at school, but it was an overall success! My son actually threw less tantrums after about 10 day. I had to get him through missing milk and sugar, but his attitude improved tons!  So good luck and You got this!!

Archived