Day One - - Breakfast down!

Gwendolyn

Hi All! Today is my very first day and I'm nervous.. excited.. I really feel like I can do this! After spending an unhappy Winter drowning in carbs and cheese, I decided several weeks ago to cut out flour and lower my sugar intake dramatically. I've absolutely noticed a difference in energy and sleeping, but still have the sugar cravings, zero weight loss (I also have PCOS and am currently not taking any medication for it) - I knew something was missing. So when a friend turned me on to Whole30, I knew what I needed was a reset. I think that if I can make it through these 30 days, I can really turn my health and body around.

This is my mantra right now - "Your only job is to EAT GOOD FOOD."

Welcome and good luck! I am in the same boat as you -- my diet while at school this past year consisted of pasta, cheese, and chocolate milk. It was no wonder I found myself sick constantly, sleeping restlessly, and watching my clothes get tighter and tighter. At the end of March I joined a running group and just participated in my first 5k this past weekend (what?!), but I am hoping Whole30 will truly reset my lifestyle and shock me into focusing on more than just image and more on health and fitness!

Archived