We have meat, Ready to start

Tina

I had previously started the Whole30 back on June 28th, only to realize that the big turkey that I had cooked up and planned on eating throughout the week didn't agree with me. Neither did the conventional ground beef, or anything else that had been fed grains.

So, after spending a bit of time trying to track down a large quantity of grass fed meat (so that I can always be sure to have some on had), I am ready to start!

My 6yo daughter and I have been loosely following the guidelines for the Whole30 for the last week, but I am ready to be more strict with myself. And I plan to actually count the days.

In the last week I have noticed that I have a hard time eating enough, especially early in the day. It seems like I will do better with 4 meals spread out throughout the day, rather than 3. Same seems to be true of my kiddo. We can eat till we are stuffed, but we seem to be hungry again in a few hours.

I started making sure that we were getting enough of everything, but it took a while before we seemed to get the right mix.

I look forward to the next 30 days, and I can't wait to see how I feel when I have completed my first Whole30!

Archived