Starting Wednesday June 26th!

5giftsfromGod

Hi!  My name is Kimberly... My husband and I are getting ready to start doing the Whole 30 tomorrow!  We had a trial run today (Day 0 from the newsletter)... we had an awesome Whole 30 breakfast and lunch, but then I cleaned out the pantry and fridge and got rid of a TON of non-compliant stuff!!! So I had to go to the grocery store (at 4:30 p.m. of course).  I did great in the store and bought lots of produce and only "approved" items, but by the time I was done shopping I was starving!  Staring at all the yummy bad for you food in the store didn't help.  And the kids where STARVING.... so I crashed and burned at Sonic on the way home!  Good thing this was day 0!  The funny thing was the food at sonic sounded SO good and tasted great while I ate it, but then I just felt like my stomach had a brick in it and felt unhealthy after eating it... I guess I will just have to remember that even though it looks good I always feel terrible after eating it... This whole 30 is NOT going to be easy for me, but I know I NEED to do it... I'm looking forward to some accountability here :-)

One thing that helped me through the first Whole30 (during my third trimester) was knowing it's 30 measly days. It made it much easier and the sense of accomplishment was amazing. I started today on my second W30. Day 1, check.

I hope it turns out to be easier than I expect!  My hard part will be thinking of food I can take with me when I am out of town or running errands.  I have depended on fast food a little too much.  My big challenges will be breaking my sugar habit and my fast food habit.  But I am looking forward to feeling better and having more energy!

I know we are "supposed to" limit fruit, but I've NEVER seen anyone who got fat bc of fruit. On my first whole 30 I ate a good bit of fruit, trail mix, hard boiled eggs. Especially if you eat fast food, fruit and nuts (bc fruit alone tanks my blood sugar) will be such a drastic increase in diet quality I would prepare to be amazed.

Archived