Allergic reaction to meal?

I'm on day 12 of my first Whole30, and because of a medication that I'm on (combined with this new eating program), my appetite has become very poor. I've been really struggling to eat my meals for the last couple of days. So, this morning, I added a couple of strips of sugar-free bacon to my breakfast in an effort to stimulate my appetite. The rest of the meal included a roasted chicken drumstick, 1/4 sweet potato, and a cup of stir-fried cabbage, carrots, and broccoli with coconut oil. It took me nearly 1/2 hour to eat this small amount of food.

By the end of this meal, my nose suddenly became very plugged up and I started to constantly cough to try to clear my chest. It felt very congested and full of mucus. After 30 minutes or so, everything cleared up and, other than being tired, I feel OK.

So, my question is: could this have been an allergic reaction to something I ate? I rarely eat bacon or pork in any form, maybe 2-3 times a year. The rest of the meal I had eaten the previous evening, and I didn't experience the same reaction. Has anybody else dealt with something like this?

When I have an allergic reaction my pulse goes to 100 to 130, I start throwing up and having the trots,(sorry if TMI), and shake all over. If I can't get it under control with benedryl I go to the ER.

I sometimes get a stuffy nose due to allergies to grass or trees.

If you eat the bacon again and the same thing happens you might have an intolerance to it.

Good luck,

June

Archived