First timer - started August 15th

dpittsmd1985

Hello all!!

I just found out about this portion of the forum today after subscribing.

I finished the book last week and jumped in head first!!  Not too long ago, I had completed the

HCG diet for weight loss ( I had done real well with that diet 4 yrs ago...losing 55 lbs....20 of which have found their way back to me!!)  On this round of the HCG, I only lost about 10 lbs, but having been in the

"no carb" mode for the diet, it was not hard to not eat the carbs.  What I am struggling with is the "no stevia" but I have found it more "do-able" than I thought it would be, especially the "black" coffee thing with no cream or milk, but its getting a bit better. 
It has made me re-think my "dependence" on coffee (loved the "Coffee Manifesto" posted on the site)

so now, where I used to have 3 or  4 cups/day - (while working) now I do just 1 or 2, and herbal tea inbetween.

I am hopeful to see remarkable changes in my knee pain - although I know it is structural (loss of cartilege under the outer edge of my kneecap) I am sure that inflammation also plays a big role in the pain and my inability to do "squats" and "lunges" due to the stabbing, incapacitating pain I get when I do those manuvers.  I had noticed in the past, if I "binged" on sweets for 2 days (by binging, i mean eating sweets - like cake or cookies on 2 or more occasions for 3 days in a row)  I would get horrid joint pain - at rest- not even with exercising...so ..I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Archived