I'm new here, need encouragement:)

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums.  My husband has completed a Whole 30 and I attempted one this summer, but was not perfect:/ We have been ttc for about 15 months. I got pregnant the 1st cycle while on whole 30, but at my first appointment found out there was no heartbeat and miscarried.  When I found out I was pregnant I kind of freaked out thinking I needed calcium from raw cheese and folate from whole soaked grains and I still don't like to think about that was probably the reason I miscarried:(  So here I am again after a few months of healing mentally and physically from a emotionally draining summer.

Just looking for some encouraging words and help along the way and hoping to conceive again. Today is day 1. 

Thank you!

Hi there,

Welcome! :) Just some words of encouragement: I was in the middle of a Whole30 when I got pregnant, and continued with it for a few weeks (I got wicked food aversions, so I had to change my diet somewhat, but still didn't eat dairy), anyway...I didn't have the dairy or grains when I was first pregnant, and I just had a healthy baby boy (and I was on and off paleo (due to gestational diabetes) during my pregnancy). Stick with the Whole30, as it is SO good mentally AND physically for you! I'm doing my post-baby Whole30 and I'm on day 3...we're all with you!  :D

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I miscarried my first as well and I understand the emotions that go with it. I hurt a little bit everytime I hear of someone else going through it.

Whole30 is a great way to get your body back on track after the homonal ups and downs. It will also help you mentally and emotionally. I notice such a difference in my outlook on life when I fuel myself with good food! Even during hard circumstances! 

And remember too that you can get plenty of calcium from various veggies and dark leafy greens are your best source of folate. The name of the vitamin (? is it a vitamin or acid or amino?) even comes from the "foliage" that is is so abundant in.

Do the best you can to keep yourself healthy and things will fall in place! Enjoy the benefits of the W30. :)

Hi! I think it is so common for women to blame ourselves for anything and everything that goes wrong. Be good to yourself! Whole 30 is great but I can't imagine you caused a miscarriage from an "imperfect" diet. I'm not sure but it seemed as though you were hinting at that. Take good care and be gentle with yourself.

Archived