Island Fever......

Bargey

Hi Everyone!

Merry flipping Christmas first off!

For January I am setting up a Whole30 plan for the entire island where I live. We have 210 staff and I am going to see how many of them we can get to sign up for this. 

Being that there are a lot of Maldivians, Sri Lankans, Indians and other people of Asian descent, asking them to give up grains and legumes is akin to asking them to give up oxygen for a month. Nevertheless, I shall persist!

The westerners are less of a problem, although I will have to banish the bread from the breakfast table. I am convinced that this will be a thing of beauty in the Maldives. Perhaps we can be the next branch... Whole9desertisland. Yes I like that  ;)

Merry flipping Christmas to you too! Hahah, good luck with rounding up your staff and getting them to join you! I'm in Okinawa, a small island south of Japan, and they also breath rice, soba, ramen. Definitely a grain based society, but I plan to do another whole 30 January 1st. Very much missing the states, and all the whole foods stores, trader joes and the like.

Good luck, best wishes and Happy New Year!

Archived