Starting January 1st

Lara

I keep trying to get a day of clean eating, but fail each time. I've started Day One over about 4 times now. But, now I have the book and am reading it like a mad woman! Perfect way to spend New Year's Day!

So far, so good. Now that I figured out how to post on the forum, maybe I'll have a little more fortitude!

I've gone without sugar and flour for a couple of months, but I've never cut grains out completely. I'm looking forward to seeing some changes in the way I feel.

I'm  a very healthy, sixty year-old woman. I have about 25 pounds to lose, but other than that, I'm in great shape! I exercise regularly, which is probably my saving grace. I lift weights and do aerobic dancing (low-impact). I also garden and walk regularly. My diet is atrotious, though. All of the things that are described in the book about eating sugar and how it affects us applies to me big time!

My name is Lara and I live on the Monterey Bay in California with my husband of 35 years. We have 5 grown children and 7 grandchildren. Life is such a blessing. It's a pity to waste it by being sick and unhealthy.

I'm looking forward to reading and learning more.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi, Lara! I'm starting mine tomorrow. LIke you, sugar and wheat seem to be the main problem and my goal is to disconnect physically from those foods to jump start a permanent way of healthy eating. I hope you have a lot of success this time.

Archived