Plunging into the Whole30 pool

heatherp

Hey everyone!

I've just stared my Whole30 here in New Zealand - currently on Day 3 and so far, so good...

I have had a year of eating paleo, but with dairy included. Christmas excesses made me decide on a month free of alcohol, and as doing a Whole30 had been tempting me for a while I thought why not??

So!

I'm a little nervous as to how it'll go, as in the next 27 days I have a 2 day hike and a week long trip to Japan! So who knows how they'll play out :) 

So far the eating style has worked for me, but I do struggle to sit and only eat at mealtimes....life is busy (or perhaps I dont make enough effort). Still, the hangover hasnt been bad at all Day 2-3, so I wonder if I'll get the RAGE tomorrow? We'll see!

Day 1: 68.3kg, took measurements as well just as a baseline.

Donated blood... could have impacted on how tired I felt!!

Brekky: eggs, zuchinni, tomato (cooked in bacon fat), avocado 

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: lettuce, tuna, tomato, capsicum, avocado, basil. beetroot

Dinner: lettuce, olives, pistachios, lamb, tomato

Day 2:

Lunch: lettuce, ham, tomato, capsicum, avocado, basil

Dinner: beef rendang and steamed veges

Day 3: 

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: lettuce, morrocan chicken, avocado, tomato, capsicum

Cup of BlackAdder Tea.

Dinner (guessing): morrocan chicken, cauli-rice, green veg

Sounds like you are doing great! I too have been eating Paleo for the past year and lost a significant amount of weight. But like you, over the holidays I began to slip in old habits, I decided a clean diet for 30 days should do the trick. I do miss my nightly glass of wine and my chocolate stevia in my coffee, but overall the cravings have been minimal. Good luck in your upcoming travels!

Archived