Starting January 2oth

Jessica Lynn

My original plan was to start tomorrow (Jan. 13th). I have my first Crossfit competition on Saturday the 18th. I was advised not to change my diet right before competing...thus pushing my start date back a week. 

I am really nervous about starting or should I say failing. I try to eat Paleo most of the time right now...but I definitely cheat. My boyfriend does not eat Paleo what-so-ever. He is not the most supportive when it comes to my eating habits. He is constantly telling me that I do not have to eat this way because I don't need to loose anymore weight. I try to tell him that weight-loss is not the reason for my eating habits, but more so to get away from all of the processed food and get back to the way we were meant to eat. 

Has anyone else dealt with non-supportive family members while doing Whole 30? I feel with support through the forum and lots of planning I will be able to succeed. 

Encouragement from me!!

I am also starting Jan 20th.  This is going to be a major change for me.  Hopefully I can get my husband on board.  Question... do you have your kids eating Paleo too?  To any degree?  I have 3 kids (10, 8, 3) and I would like to get them on board also.  

I do not have kids. It is just me and my boyfriend. Yesterday I did a ton of planning and got my entire menu planned for the 30 days. Today I am doing some food prep for the week. If I had kids I think I would want them to eat Paleo to an extent...but that is me haha. I am feeling much better about the next 30 days after I planned so much :) Good luck!!!!! 

Archived