Whole30 & Colon resection surgery

I don't know your specifics, but I had  colon resection surgery about fifteen years ago and can tolerate some salads with greens now,  although I am not great at actually absorbing them, so I see them more as a treat than a source of nutrients.  For absorption, I usually puree them in soups or smoothies.  I would not have been able to tolerate them at all so soon after my surgeries though.  There is a wonderful green soup recipe out there on the splendid table's and eating well' s websites, and I think cauliflower could be easily subbed for the arborio rice called for.  I use it often in pureed soups instead of potatoes or cream and it gives a nice consistency.  I hope raw foods can become a part of your diet as  you heal.  They have mine, although I couldn't tolerate them for a few years after my colectomy and j pouch surgeries.  Cooking lots of fruits and veggies might be a safer way until then.

Oh!  And yes, I have been able to do very well on a paleo diet and highly recommend it, albeit with only as much raw produce as works for you.  If it hurts to eat a fruit or veggie raw, try cooking it.  Listen to your body and it will tell you what it can't handle.

Archived