Today is Day 7!

joshiradin

Hello,

I made it a week and decided to try this out for support/company :). It's going well, I think, though I'm going on vacation on Saturday and afraid I'll fall off the wagon. The daily email for today was right on point for me--od'd a bit on cashews last night. Had almond milk in my coffee last weekend before realizing it had added sugar. Had my first sweet potato fries yesterday, and see the potential for abuse!

Anyway, my energy levels are so so smooth and I feel so good, I don't want to mess this up. I already didn't drink or smoke, but am finding that the elimination of the sugar, carbs and dairy--and also learning to cook meats after years of semi-vegetarianism--are really serving me well.

I hope other people out there are feeling great too!

Joshi

HI Joshi:

Congrats on making your first week!  I'm also on day 7 and feeling great.  Think I might have been quasi-lactose intolerant to begin with but no symptoms of anything since eliminating the bad stuff.

Are you finding it hard to eat so much meat?  Are you doing mostly chicken and fish?  Cashews are dangerous - I had to cut out Lara Bars and dates as I was eating them by the handful. 

Onward and upward. 

Congrats you two on making it to day 7! I am also on day 7!

Today was a good day here too. Yesterday I was totally exhausted but today I was feeling great, even with the forecast of 3-6 inches of the nasty white snow... LOL...

I agree with the cashews being dangerous, I finished the last of what I had before my whole30 and did not buy any more because I knew I could eat a whole container. I have some almonds in the pantry that will hold me over. I think I may get some macadamia nuts this weekend, since they are compliant but expensive. As that will help curb the amount I eat LOL.

Day 7 for me today.  So far so good.  I've been caffiene free for over 12 years, don't drink, don't smoke and have never been a big red meat fan.  I'm not having a lot of withdrawl like many of my compatriots here.  Things are going well for the moment.  I'm going on vacation soon and am worried that I can't control what the chefs are putting in my food.  I'm not going to over anlyze it.  I'll cross reference the soy-gluten-dairy menus at the places I go and then do the best I can.  As long as I'm not intentionally ordering pancakes and syrup or Pintos and mac and cheese for dinner, I'm living to the intent of Whole30.  Not going to beat myself up over it.  I'm certainly not going to start my W30 over if I find out the week after I get back that I unintentionally had one seving of something not W30.  Life's too short for that.  Good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived