The Bear's Going Back To Nature

Ayanita

Today is the day that this fat bear is going back to nature and foraging in the forest for good, healthy foods.

I've been on the Whole 30 before and lost 5kgs and a pants size in the 30 days I completed. Showed me just how bad I had been eating that's for sure. I have lost some more weight since introducing some of the foods but have stayed away from junk food as much as humanly possible. I'm not going to say I succeeded each time because that would be a big fat lie! I failed many times, kicked my own butt and moved on to the next hurdle.

It's time I re-did the Whole 30 though as I felt oh so good last time and I'm feeling a little run down again.

This morning's breakfast effort was 2 x poached eggs, avocado, 1 x tomato, 2 strips of bacon and a bottle of water. It was filling and I didn't feel hungry again until just before lunch where I snacked on a couple of handfuls of grapes until I could leave my desk. They were deliciously sweet!

Lunch always tastes better when it's leftovers from the night before. So I made Pumpkin Boats for dinner last night. Roasted up a half butternut pumpkin each and then threw in some beef mince which I cooked up with onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot, cumin, liquid smoked mesquite, paprika, pepper and some salt. I made all of my colleagues hungry this afternoon eating that at my desk.  :lol: Yummo!

If I get hungry before I go home from work, I'll have a fig - but we'll see as at the moment, I'm chockers!

For dinner tonight, I'm just having some more of the meat mix from last night on a cabbage or lettuce leaf and some avocado. Making it a little more mexican-ish!

I also steeped some lemon slices, cucumber slices and mint leaves in a huge carafe of water in my fridge overnight and had some this morning. It's very refreshing! I just wish the carafe lid didn't leak when I started to pour it. :angry: 

My biggest challenge for this round is getting more exercise in which is something I didn't do so well at last time. Aquarobics with my mum one night a week and a lot more walking throughout the other days is my first goal. Either way this fat is going to go and I know that this is the way to do it. Slowly and safely and most importantly with good natured, hearty, healthy foods.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and reading up on all of yours.

:) 

Archived