Starting Tomorrow - Lenten Whole 30

mcjule

I'm starting the program tomorrow.  I came to find the Whole 30 after a month of trying the Dukan Diet to lose those "last 10 pounds."  I lost only three in a month and did not enjoy the diet at all, which is low carb and low fat (you only eat veggies every other day, eat almost no fat, and a little bit of non-fat dairy).  The dairy made me sick (I'm lactose intolerant) but I came to the accidental conclusion that wheat may also be making me sick because adding it back in after 30 days made me feel horrible.  So I'm hoping to improve my tummy issues and generally feel better -- more energy etc.  I'd also love to lose some weight . . . but that's only a secondary motive.  I have a husband and two kids who won't be doing the program so hopefully I'll avoid temptation at home . . . 

I think the hardest things for me to give up will be my morning oatmeal/oat bran that I have with almond butter and my nightly glass of wine.  I know I can add back in the wine after the 30 days . . . we'll see if I still want my oatmeal!  The dairy and wheat honestly shouldn't be that hard for me to drop because they make me feel bad!

So for my last meal before starting the Whole 30 last night I made pancakes.  Thought it was a great idea being that it was Fat Tuesday and all.  Made them from scratch for my kids with all organic ingredients.  I had three of them for dinner and nothing else and within one hour I felt HORRIBLE.  Massive cramping to the point where I could barely function.  If that isn't a sign that I need to do this I don't know what is!

Archived