First timer - March 16!

sierradelfuego

Hi there - After reading a friends post on her Facebook page last week how proud she was of her sister had recently completed the whole 30, I was inspired to do a little research on the program and have started today.  I've had a sugar addiction ever since I can remember.  I've been able to give up all sorts of nasty, mood-changing, mind-altering habits, but when it comes to sugar, it has always brought me to my knees.  I'm also a type-2 diabetic and when I was first diagnosed, I was able to shed about 70 lbs with diet and exercise.  I've since put back about 35 lbs in the last 2 years and I need another change.  This is it.  I know from experience that I have a better chance of getting through and sticking to these life-style changes if I surround myself with experienced people who have already done it and can show me I can too.  So here I am, surrendering to the damn beast!  I've done a lot of reading on the site, went shopping this last week and this morning baked the "Hearty Spinach frittata" I found by clicking around on the website.  I'll be checking back and continuing reading for support and ideas.  One meal at a time!

SdF

Still doing it! I get the desire for something sweet at night, but so far so good. I keep thinking about "your mind doesnt know the difference between a snickers bar and a Lara bar." I'll keep at it for breakfast, lunch is made so there is a good chance Ill make it through that one too! One meal at a time!

Archived