APRIL 1st - LET'S DO THIS!

AndreaBoulder

HI I've just decided this am that April 1 is it so that I won't procrastinate.   I have yet to shop but am planning now.  I'm concerned about having another person in the house who doesn't want to do the program and will be eating beside me each evening. :)  I will struggle more with salty carb loss than sugar but i love them both.  I'm cutting out coffee a day or two ahead to get that hangover over with thinking it might help the first week not to fight all fights at the same time.   I'm looking for folks to help keep me on track and share recipes. 

Nice to meet you and here we go,

Jacque

I am also beginning on April 1st! I'm drawing up my meal plan now and going grocery shopping this afternoon. I'll probably clean out my fridge and pantry of non-approved foods tomorrow.

I'm planning on keeping it simple the first week but just having baked/grilled protein and steamed/sauteed vegetables for dinner. I don't want to overwhelm myself by trying to make elaborate meals before I even get a handle on my cravings.

I think my biggest challenge will be the fact that my roommate is not a healthy eater whatsoever, so she'll still be keeping all of her junky food-like products in the house. I hope I don't slip up one day and dive right into her peanut butter m&m's!

V.

Oh peanut butter m&ms! Yes if we kept those in the house it would be a huge challenge for me.

We're also keeping it simple in week 1 mainly because I don't have a lot of time to plan fancy. Tomorrow will be our pantry purge. We've been trying to eat mostly real food for awhile now but definitely not a strict paleo lifestyle. We still eat dairy and grain. I have a great fondness for cheese. So this will be a challenge but I'm excited for it.

Starting April 1st!  I have my food - spent a fortune at the store yesterday.  Planned to do all the cooking up for the week today - but still haven't got to it yet.  I need advice for breakfast.  I get up at 5 as I have to be at work super-early so I usually don't eat breakfast.  And there is no time to cook.   Any ideas for quick & portable breakfasts???

I'm in! Though, for this part of grad school, I'm making exceptions for occasional tequila. I know, it's not 'whole' ... but it's better than not at all.

Been mostly paleo for months now, but between challenges my sweet tooth gtes the better of me.. so here we go!

I'm starting April 1st too. I've been doing  low carb primal for 11 years, but too much dairy and too much bourbon have both crept up on me. Not to mention too many coconut flour treats. I think I'll miss heavy cream the most, but I'm really looking forward to the expanded list of veggies and fruit. The fridge is filled now with roasted veggies; I've clarified the butter into ghee (what a mess!); soon I'll hide the bourbon and cheeses out in the garage. I hope to find support here--especially for the cheese cravings.

Starting April 1 st! Been weaning off the no- no list for weeks . Artificial sweetener is my biggest concern. Not a huge fan of plain water, any drink ideas would be welcome!

Herbal teas! You can easily find caffeine-free herbal teas with fruity or floral flavors (I tend to prefer the floral). You don't have to drink them hot, either. Just steep several bags in a pitcher of water, wait for them to cool, remove the bags, and store in the refrigerator. Homemade iced tea at your disposal!

You could also try infusing fresh fruits into your water to add some flavor. I'm not too much of a fan of doing this, it doesn't ever seem to turn out well for me. Instead, I tend to buy naturally flavored seltzer water instead. Cheers!

Archived