How are the Aussies doing?

Cathy22

I have completed my first two days and I feel good so far. I'm enjoying my coffee now with coconut milk. I had my pasta sauce with zucchini ribbons which tasted yummy! I'm going to attempt to cook pork belly on the weekend. I have cooked extra pasta sauce for the freezer. I also cooked a very yummy chicken curry. I'm enjoying it so far and really started to think about what bad stuff is in food. I highly recommend the movie Hungry for Change.

How are the Aussies doing? I hope everyone is going well. Has anyone tried Coconut Aminos? Where did you purchase it?

Hope everyone is going well.

Hey there...... Day 1 officially today 4/8/12, although I was eating kinda paleo anyways, but this last week I fell off the wagon and feel crap so decided I need to be held accountable so here I am!!!

When do you receive Your emails?? I've not received my Day 1 yet but wasn't sure if we get it in the pm??

I'm going to follow this thread, so we can help each other if you want?? I'm a shift worker so if I'm not on here for a day or two that's why..... Good luck

Lou

Hi Lou

That would be great. I haven't signed up for the emails. I ordered the It Starts with Food book and I'm excited for it to arrive. Today is my fourth day and I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't eaten paleo before. My friend has been eating this way for years and has always encourgaged me to "try it for 30 day" but I never thought I could live without dairy, pasta etc. I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be... the cravings haven't hit me yet. I'm determined and want to do it for the full 30 days. I've been really sick with the flu but will start by walking etc then want to get back into running.

I read somewhere the time you get the emails... are you in Australia as well? I think they will be encouraging.

Good luck!!! Yes, I find it helpful to be accountable as well. I'm actually enjoying my coffee with coconut milk. It's going to be hard at a coffee shop but maybe I'll drink herbal tea in that case. I made the most delicious salad for lunch - rocket, chicken, a couple strawberries, red onion, avo, egg, capsicum with avo oil and balsamic! Yummy.

Let me know how your first day is!!!!!

Hi :)

Checking in from Perth

I'm on day 6 and i'm loving it, I've been Paleo/Primal for a while but never strict enough and i really want to lose weight and look good for my 30th bday in November so i'm gonna go whole 30 and see how i feel after 30 days.

The way i feel right now i could continue on this way forever! i don't feel deprived, hungry or that i'm missing out at all!

Today I've eaten eggs pork belly, black coffee and guacamole and every bite has been yummy :)

I've started crossfit this morning so my exercise will be well taken care off but i'm a firm believer that exercise is pointless unless the diet is right so that's where my main focus is.

Cathy, i found coconut aminos but it has coconut sugar in it :( so i'm staying away from it at least until after the 30 days, it's the Nuilife brand if your looking but i'm sure you can get a version without the sugar i just haven't found it yet. Good luck with your whole 30 :)

Hi Cathy - sorry yeah I live in Australia inthe hunter valley nsw.

Well I haven't recd day1 email yet it's 6pm, but that's ok, I might count tmrw as day 1 - I've eaten fine but an extra day won't hurt!!!

As I said I've been kinda eating paleo since I started CrossFit a few months , I don't miss bread, or dairy or sugar to be honest - its just if I'm not prepared, it becomes a pain...... I'm not big on salads especially if I can't have a creamy dressing on it!! Hehe

I Love coconut milk, I don't drink tea or coffee, but I have made a mushroom sauce with it and I will heat coconut milk and a banana as a healthier warm drink/treat - its been freezing down here the last week or so!!!!!!

There are some good paleo blogs with delicious recipes my fav is paleOMG , shes hilarious too!!

Well I'm watching the knights cop an absolute beating in the rugby league, might go shower and watch a movie. I'm not back to work til Monday morning so I will catch u on here tmrw maybe

Good luck - eggs and mushrooms for brekky tmrw for me yummy!,!!!,

I am cooking my first pork belly and it smells so yummy! Thanks for the tip on coconut aminos. I have wanted to try cross fit but I want to get some weight off and get my fitness up a bit as I dont want to have a heart attack or embarrass myself! lol

I'm trying to cook some different recipes but so far my food has been yummy with very little hunger which has surprised me. The whole30 has certainly opened up a whole new world. I am hoping to lose some weight, get rid of everyday headaches and have more energy!

Good luck!

Hey - I'm overweight +100kgs - crossfit is great and will help with the fat loss!! Not only has it been great for my cardio, strength , body it's my mind it has really helped which to me is more important !! Go start crossfit ASAP you will not regret it,

I hav ejust made for the next few meals a chicken and vege lasagne type thingy -my own recipe...... I layered chicken mince (breast and thigh), pumpkin, spinach and a tomato sauce which I added puréed vegies (baked sweet potato, baked carrot, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower) , can't wait to try it!!

Hi all, I'm up in Mackay. Yeah I get the emails come through at about the 6pm at night but it's kinda a day behind so I figured I'd just be doing 31 days instead...I've been eating Paleo on and off for a year now, started eating that way just after joining CrossFit. I needed a good clean up in the eating department and got It Starts With Food about 2 weeks ago and decided a whole 30 is just what I needed. I'm finding it hard going up here as there isn't a lot of things available in our health food stores, I've had to buy a bit on line. I also don't have many Paleo eaters to rely on, my CF box are mainly Zone eaters. So here it goes, whole 30...now on day 6...glad to have some support and really glad for the Aussie link!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Day 15 here and going well. Ate a bit more fruit yesterday. On Sunday we cooked up a few meals, my husband made an awesome curry and I popped some in the freezer. Having roast lamb, roast chicken this week too. Breakie has been two eggs, avo, and strawberries, plus coffee. I am full until lunch time. Feeling quite satisfied.

Still reading ISWF which I'm finding very interesting.

Lou - how are you doing?

Jess - how's it going in Mackay?

Hope you are all going well!

Hello there! I'm elissa from Sydney and this is my 4th day coming up, I'm really excited I've finally gotten a hang of what I need to do, how good is coconut milk you have some excellent suggestions cathy with the banana and coconut milk etc etc, I actually freeze whole bananas then it tastes exactly like banana Icecream it's perfect for summer. I did have coconut milk in coffee but I now use coconut oil just a spoonful is enough, I've wanted to try a tea that I once saw in a Tibetan restaurant it's basically a butter tea, although I wouldn't know where to source raw grassfed butter that's still a challenge for me, I love eating paleo and I found doing this whole30 has given me new focus it's great finding others following the same journey I don't feel so out of place :) yay the Aussies!

Archived