Day 23 and feeling amazing

Jojoinuk

I've reached Day 23 in the challenge and I feel amazing.  I wake up feeling energised, with a smile on my face and ready to conquer the day ahead.  There have been a few bumps in the road on the way and days where I've considered throwing in the towel but it's all been worth it to get to this stage.  I would say to anyone struggling to just keep going because it does get better.  My energy levels and mood are steady throughout the day and I'm sure my friends and work colleagues would agree I'm a much more pleasant person to be around.

I've also finally stopped thinking about chocolate which is my weakness in life.  I must confess that throughout the challenge I have almost every day thought about how at the end of the 30 days I can have a little bit of chocolate.  But now, I don't really don't want it and I really don't want anything that is going to jeopardise this feeling and how hard I worked for it.

I've been paleo for about a 1 1/2 years but there were things I ate which weren't paleo and I ended up going so far off track that I found it almost impossible to get back to eating healthily.  Chocolate was my absolute weakness and I could go a maximum of 3 days without it before I caved in and ended up binging on it.  My moods and energy levels were unpredictable and I got to the stage where I felt miserable.

The Whole 30 challenge is truly inspired.  In 23 days it has completely changed the way I look at food.  I still get to eat super tasty meals but knowing exactly what is in my food as it's all made from stratch and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I know I've still got a way to go but I feel really positive about the road ahead.

Good luck to everyone on their Whole 30 challenge.

Archived