Typo in The Paleo Recipe Book Preview....

Lola

I was making the mushroom and hazelnut chicken recipe from the preview of the book at the back of The Whole30 Success Guide. The ingredients listed hazelnuts, but they were omitted from preparation section. No biggee, I put them in with the stuffing, but thought someone might want to let them know, if they don't already that is...

Also tried the crock pot beef and sweet potato stew, citrus pork rib roast, and chicken marsala(with chicken stock, not the wine!)... all very yummy!

hmm, I'm a bit of a techno idiot, but I will look for a link, and try to post it!

I can't find a link, I think because it was included in the Whole30 Success Guide, a pdf file I bought separately... I'll just type it out here:

ingredients:

1 lb beef chunks, or other stewing cut, in 1 inch cubes

3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes

2 garlic cloves, minced

pinch of all spice

1 bay leaf

1 cinnamon stick

1 large onion, cut in chunks

1 can tomatoes

8 dried apricots(I left this out)

chopped parsley for garnish

cooking fat

sea salt and freshly groung pepper to taste

preparation:

1. heat skillet over medium heat, season teh beef cubes to taste with salt and pepper and brown them on all sides with some cooking fat in the hot skillet.

2. place browned beef, sweet potatoes, garlic, cinnamon stick, onion, tomatoes, garlic and allspice in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours, until the beef is fork tender.

3. add dried appricots, if using, and cook, covered, for another 20 minutes, until they are soft.

4. remove teh bay leaf and the cinnamon stick and serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley

** I used cilantro because I like the beef with that flavour...

Archived