PiP's Second Whole30

Badwolf

I tried doing a Whole60 a few weeks ago, but just ended up with a couple false starts.  I think the idea of 60 days is scaring me off.  Even though I feel I need more than 30 days.

So, I'm committing right now to another Whole30.  When I get to the end, I will decide then whether or not to continue.

Day 1

Woke up early for my first team meeting at my new job.  Gotta go shopping after to stock up on some more veggies.  Tired, but plan on taking a nap before having to work later.  (:

Starting my day with a "breakfast focused on protein and fat!"

Meal 1

-left over burgers with salt and ghee

-butternut squash with salt, ghee, and cinnamon

-green tea

Napped for at least an hour.  I don't feel groggy or anything which is what usually happens if I nap that long, so I must've needed it!

Meal 2

-left over chicken with salt and mustard (so simple, but so yum!)

-sweet potato with ghee

-lettuce with olive oil and salt

-(homemade!) bone broth

snack

-turkey Epic bar

Work was so busy and the schedule was a bit messed up, plus we were starting something new, so I didn't get a break.  hahahaha  I love this new job, but today was definitely the worst day I've had.  I prefer to have three meals per day, no snacking, but that was not an option today.  I didn't even get to have my Meal 3 until after 10:30.  Oy vey!

Didn't experience any blood sugar issues though!  :D

Meal 3

-small Primal Pac

-wasabi SeaSnax go pack

Day 2

Definitely thought about a sugary reward last night after work, but didn't indulge.  Yay!  Was happy this morning that I didn't.

Slept for about 11 hours.  Wut.  So had my Meal 1 at nearly lunch time.  lol

Meal 1

-two eggs with ghee and salt*

-kale with salt sautéed in ghee

-butter nut squash with salt*, ghee, and cinnamon

-green tea

*My roommate is a foodie and has all different kinds of salt!  So when I type "salt," I'm usually having at least two different kinds in one meal.  Different minerals and whatnot.  (:

Meal 2

-slice of fried squid steak with salt

-coconut Lära bar

Meal 3

-lamb Epic bar

-small Primal Pac

-wasabi SeaSnax go pack

Really struggled with my meals today.  I woke up too late, then had to go to work and we were busy until I went on my break sometime after six.  /:  The good thing is though that I never felt hangry or deprived or noticed my blood sugar dipping.

Day 3

Slept at least nine hours.  But woke up before ten today, so yay progress!  Definitely feel better already.  My feet are still killing me from work, but some pain I had in my neck is gone and I feel happier and that my mood is more stable.  We shall see how long this lasts while my body is getting rid of all the badness I've consumed lately.  Ha!

Meal 1

-two eggs with ghee and salt

-kale with salt sautéed in ghee

-butternut squash with salt, ghee, and cinnamon

-green tea

Meal 2

-left over chicken with salt

-sweet potato with ghee

-lettuce with olive oil and salt

-bone broth

Have had good energy so far today and my mood has been good.  Went to the park with the doggert until he rolled in some mud (see attached photo (not sure why it's sideways, as it's right-side-up on my computer)), then took him home for a bath.  Ha!

Working later, so packed for dinner...

Meal 3

-two left over burgers

-asparagus with salt sautéed in ghee (What else?)

-two raw carrots

-handful of raw cashews

Didn't have time to eat my carrots.  /:  We only get half an hour for lunch (though it is paid!), so I rarely have time to finish my lunch.

post-38868-0-42910900-1400435868_thumb.j

Day 4

Slept 11-12 hours.  I think I really needed it to heal my feet; they are MUCH better this morning, and I don't feel that I over-slept.  lol

I'm not going to keep logging my food, as I usually make a large batch of things then have that all week, so it'll be pretty repetitive.

So far things are going really smoothly...  despite my roommate having cookies, English muffins, bagels, doughnuts, and pastries (YES ALL OF THAT) on the kitchen island.  Ha!   :rolleyes:

~

Went back to CrossFit after about a month and a half!  Omg, I feel awesome! and happy and strong and worn out and awesome!  :D  :D  :D

Day 5

Had some strange dreams last night.  One of which involved me killing zombie-type things with the cast of New Girl.  Yep.  It was so scary though that it actually woke me up.  I usually only have scary dreams when I eat bad foods, so I'm guessing it's due to detoxing...?

Other than that, I feel pretty good today.  My face already looks leaner, and I can tell that the inflammation all over my body has gone down.  I also don't feel too torn up from CrossFit.  lol

~

Was pretty tired and didn't get to eat enough today.  Oy vey, CrossFit!  Will hopefully sleep well tonight and eat a ton tomorrow!  lolol

Day 7

Woke up happy until I got up and realized it was almost noon and that I'd slept for 11+ hours.  I prefer to wake up before eight.  Closing shifts at this new job are throwing off my sleep cycles.  Blergh.

Besides that, my skin feels smoother and my feet are doing much better.  Yay!

~

Feeling a bit down today.  First angry, then just depressed, but I have energy...  Went on a nice walk with the doggert earlier which seemed to help.  Going to CrossFit later, so that should help too.

~

Angry again this afternoon.  On my way into the CrossFit parking lot, I almost got flatten by someone braking the law. smh  As I walked into the gym, I kept thinking how it would've been nice if he'd hit me, just so I could have someone to yell at.   :angry:

However! I feel much better after working out!!   :D  :D

Day 8

Woke up before ten!  Yay!  Mood is better today and I am def feeling yesterday's workout!  We did snatches and ran 2k.  Two things I'm not good at.  It's nice to wake feeling that I accomplished something yesterday though!   :D

Day 10

Woke up before ten again!  But felt that I needed more sleep, though I must've gotten 9+.  Took the doggert to the park and on a nice walk.  I feel that I have energy, but I just wanna sit around and eat sweets.  Even though it's GORGEOUS outside and I have to work later.  Feet are hurting a bit again, even though I didn't work yesterday.  ::shrug::  I feel kinda depressed, despite the beautiful weather and having a nice weekend.

Day 11

Woke up before ten again!  :D

Really struggling with not giving in to junk the past few days.  I think it's more out of habit than anything else.  I was feeling blah, so I wanted to just relax and not think about things.  This morning I'm feeling much better and have some fun things planned for the day.  There's no CrossFit today, but I'm going hiking with a good friend and got some nice salmon scraps from work to make into burgers later!  It's also gorgeous out (again!), so I plan to be outside for most of the day.   :D

Yesterday, I had something interesting happen...  I was at the store, going to buy some kale, when I passed a bunch of fruit.  I had such a strong desire to buy several different kinds of fruit, not for their sugar content, but for their nutrients.  It was an amazing thing to experience, because I usually only crave fruit for a sugar hit.  I bought some blueberries, and am happy that my body chemistry seems to be changing for the good so quickly!

~

Went for a nice hike in North Park, then made the salmon burgers and roasted a salmon head for the first time too!  heehee  After that, my friend and I went for a walk as well.  I am still having some serious cravings though.  I'm not really sure what's going on.  /:

Day 12

Went to bed with my brain trying to figure out a way to figure a way out of this W30.  hahahaha  Then dreamt that I had dived face first into a buffet of sugary things.  You are my worst enemy and best friend, Brain.

A bit tired today, and still sore from CrossFit and work.  Was having trouble going to sleep due to neck pain, but that's better this morning.  (:

~

Wow, Whole30 Daily, you're a mind reader!  This is exactly what I needed to read today!   :D   :D

~

Felt pretty good at work today.  A little depressed and wanting sugar, but had good energy until I got in my car to go home...then that was it.  I was ready to go to bed right then.  Feel a bit better now that I've had dinner though!

Day 13

Almost at two weeks!  Woo!

Went to bed around 9:30 last night and woke up around 9:30.  Another 11+ hours.  Wow.

Had three stressful dreams though.  One about shopping and using the wrong card to pay.  Another about work and getting overwhelmed and yelled at by customers.  And the last about driving and finding many dogs and puppies on the road and picking them up (there was no chance of them getting run over, the stressful part was that they didn't have homes).  So yeah.

Besides that, my skin looks better and feels softer, my fingers are leaner (lol) and my energy levels are good!   :D

Day 14

Slept about four hours.  lol  Today is my first "clopening" shift.  Closed last night, open this morning.  Any suggestions on how to make this work, other than keep my diet super clean and take a nap later?

~

How to make getting up super early with little sleep work...  Watch random '80s videos.

~

Clopening shift went super fast and was crazy easy.  I officially love morning shifts.  However, on the drive home, I was ready to crash.  Had a nap when I got home, and had strong cravings for a sugar boost when I woke up.  Feeling a bit better after dinner, but will still being to bed asap.  lol

Also, my goal of getting to the gym three times per week isn't going well (though I have been walking a lot).  The first week, I was able to make it twice; this week, none; next week, maybe twice?  It's not stressing me out though, which is awesome!  I'm supposed to be working 20-30 hours, but am working closer to 40.  I'm just doing what I can.  (:

Day 17

Woke up around 8:30!  Woohoo!  I believe this means my hormones are finally regulating.  During my last W30, I started to wake up when the sun came in my room.  I sorta hope this happens this time too (though I'm not sure I wanna wake up at six everyday).

Feet hurting today, but they still feel SO much better than they had just a couple weeks ago.

I almost feel that I've already completed this W30/60!  I know I'm going to have to be careful about not slipping back into things, but I'm working on recognizing my triggers and how to not react to them.  (:

Day 18

Yesterday was a bit rough.  I had a sizable breakfast, but didn't eat enough at lunch, so didn't have too good of energy later in the day.  I also was supposed to go hiking with a friend, but hurt my toe (originally injured from previous job and current job) walking the dog.  Oy vey!  THEN my roommate's sister came to visit, so there's cake and brownies and cookies in the house.  smh

Feel tired today, probably slept at least eight hours.  Gotta work today, but have a couple days off this week and plan on resting up!

Day 19

Got up at 7:30(!) after 8+ hours of sleep (felt I needed more though).  Finally things are getting back to normal!  I love waking up early!  It's like there's so much more to the day and I just feel better overall.

I've been seeing some other really good improvements so far (some I've already mentioned)...

-clearer and softer skin

-lines around my eyes and mouth disappearing

-more stable blood sugar/even energy through out the day

-not as depressed

-feet feeling better and healing more quickly

-body composition improving

-feeling that I may finally be able to "ride my own bike"

~

Getting a little tired of the restraints of the W30.  Can't wait to do this on my own!

Day 20

Got up at 8:30 today!  Yay again!  Feel pretty good, was quite hungry though after I got up and felt a bit tired.  Planning to go to CrossFit tonight.  Haven't been in over a week! (Due to my work schedule and the gym's schedule and my need for sleep.)

~

Good WOD this evening!  Weightlifting, and KBS, and HSPU, and running in the rain!!  Woohoo!

Day 21

Woke up before my alarm, so before eight!  Woot!  Realized that I really started a day before my official Day 1, so I'm really on Day 22 today... Which means I've got three weeks of W30 amazingness done already!

Felt so good after my work out yesterday!  But had a bit of trouble falling asleep because of it.  Wish my gym had earlier WODs more frequently.  Feel pretty dang good this morning too!  I've noticed a couple more good things happening within the past few days...

-my nails are growing more quickly

-I'm more patient and even tempered

-my periodontal disease isn't bothering me as much

-have definitely lost weight or at least bloat/inflammation

-I feel that I want to go out and do things and make good things happen!

:D   :D

~

Pretty sure I was experiencing some level of an extinction burst a couple days ago.  I was sort of craving sugar, but mostly just wanted to be done with the program and to be making my own choices...

Now, I see the brownies and bread in the kitchen or smell toast being made and I can honestly say I don't want it. One bit.

Day 22

So close!  I know I've got this thing in the bag!  I've seen so many improvements so far, I can't wait to see how things go post-Whole30.  I'm sure I'll slip up at some point, but after seeing the results I've gotten with this W30, I know I can always fall back on the Whole9 way of eating to get me back on track.  (:

Day 23

Clopening shift.  Four hours of sleep.  Blergh.

~

Really rough day.  After saying good morning to my coworker, all I got in response was what I did wrong with my close last night.  Super busy, and all of us in the department were running around like crazy all day.  My feet are killing me...to the point where I don't know if I can keep this up.  I walk with a limp now and am doing everything I know of to keep my feet feeling ok.  Came home and took a nap (less than an hour), only to wake up feeling delusional.  It was as if I couldn't see straight and my balance was off.  Then, I found out that one of my family members is not doing too well and may not be around much longer.

My eating's been good though.  So there's that.

~

My GI tract finally seems to be figuring things out.  Go figure.  lol

Archived