I started my first whole 30 today!

HolliAdrienne

Hi! My name is Holli, and I just started my Whole 30 today. I have been thin my entire life...until 2012 when at 29 I had to undergo a complete hysterectomy, went thru menopause (eek!) and was soon after diagnosed with 2 different autoimmune diseases. Between my hormonal changes and living on steroids, I have gained 85lbs in 2 years. As a young adult I battled an eating disorder, so I have honestly never had a good relationship with food. I am so ready and excited to change that! 

My husband is trying to do Paleo with me, but honestly it's day one and as I am typing this he is munching on sugary Jif Peanut Butter, so I don't see him being much support  ;)

Anyway, Day 1, shopped yesterday, 2 AMAZING meals down, feeling good...and so determined. Nervous about KILL ALL THE THINGS though  :D

Nice to meet you all!

Oh man, that whole ordeal sounds terrifying...couldn't even imagine menopause at 29!  Eek!

My husband isn't doing Whole30 with me, and I think he's going to get frustrated with it.  We usually eat healthy but I think this is pushing it too far for him--he can't go without milk, bread, cereal, or cheese.

I'm nervous about KILL ALL THE THINGS too! 

I'm glad I found someone who started on the same day!

Hey Holli - good luck on your journey to wellness with Whole30! Same issue here - my S.O. is attempting, for the 100th time (slight exaggeration) to lose weight on a calorie controlled diet so is happily tucking in to all the foods and beverages I'm denied. It's tough not being able to share a family meal where everyone is eating the same thing and even harder not to take a self-righteous attitude in retaliation.

The way I'm dealing with this is to look at it as a sort of game I'm playing against myself, not against her. So as I've found over the last month, when she rolls out a bottle of wine in the evening I just smile to myself and actively feel glad for her that she can enjoy it and at the same time I strongly challenge myself to find joy in overcoming the temptation to join her. That sense of overcoming means that with each turn I feel I'm getting stronger and that gives me even more joy each time I overcome a temptation.

Wish you all the best.

Hi Holli! It sounds like you have been through a lot. This is a good way to get back on track and regulate all the things that go on in our bodies... at least that's what I'm banking on! I start tomorrow. I'm so excited but also so scared of the "KILL ALL THINGS" thing! My plan is just to take it one day at a time, or even one moment at a time if I have to...

Archived