Easy Chicken-Sweet Potato Hash

CarmenS

In my log I mentioned I had made chicken-sweet potato hash based on a recipe I found online. After a couple of requests, I'm posting it here. Before I made this, I had never even had hash before, so I'm not sure if this is what it is supposed to taste like--all I know is it tasted GOOD!

Ingredients

• 1 large chicken breast, cooked (or 1-2 cups cooked chicken)
  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cube-like shapes
  • 1 Tbs. coconut oil
  • 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch cube-like shapes
  • 1 tsp. (or more--I used more) dried thyme
  • 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • Salt and pepper

Instructions

1. Put the potato in a small sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the potato is soft when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain and set aside.
  2. Heat a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, then add the coconut oil and onion. Cook until the onion begins to brown. Add the chicken, potato, and thyme. Continue to cook, stirring once or twice, until the potato is slightly browned. Add the parsley and chicken broth. (It will look like there is too much broth, but don't worry, it'll be okay.)
  3. Stir occasionally, cooking until all of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated. The potato and chicken will begin to stick to the bottom of the pan. If they don't, give them a little encouragement by pressing down with the spatula. Turn the crusty parts over and mix into the hash.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

Archived