I DID IT!!!!

mburgner

My 14 mile journey today began at Lupi's Pizza followed by Wendys, Bi-Ba's Italian, El Metate Mexican, Pizza Hut, Sonic, Choo Choo Bar-B-Que, Arbys, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, another Mexican Restaurant I can't remember the name of, an ice cream store, Marcos Pizza, and finally ended at Hardees. No, I didn't go on an eating binge today, these were all the places I passed on my 14 mile bike ride.

As I was pumping out the last mile of my ride, my tired and hungry body passed the awesome smells of Marcos Pizza and an interesting thought crossed my mind. All these places I passed on my journey are the reason my body got out of shape and overweight.

Thanks to exercise and the Whole 30 eating plan, I retired my size 36 waist jeans this week, and bought a new pair today size 32 waist! The reward has been worth the sacrifices!  It wasn't near as hard as I imagined it would be.  Now I'm 18 pounds lighter, 2 jean sizes smaller, and feeling great.     

Way to go! I just finished this week myself and I'm feeling very similar thoughts as you. I spent my first day thinking whether or not I should eat something off plan and I ended up not doing that at all (with the exception of a few tortilla chips)! These 30 days haven't been nearly as tough as I first thought and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything anymore. I actually feel in control of my health instead of being stuck. Be proud of yourself-what a great accomplishment! :)

Archived