Starting my 1st Whole30 September 2nd

ElizaB1723

Hello!

I'm a 24 year old former collegiate athlete living in the land of beer and cheese (Milwaukee, WI) attempting my first Whole30, and I am intimidated.

I'm unhappy with how I've been feeling, have been slowly gaining weight since college despite being very active, and have done a lot of research on the paleo diet and Whole30. I have an intense job that requires me to travel often and I am not a very good cook. In fact, I really don't like cooking at all, so easy/basic recipes are a must. I can follow directions, but any recipe that requires fancy cookware or artisanal cooking is not for me.

My schedule can be pretty unpredictable, and I end up marooned in airports, my car, or a manufacturing facility often without the ability to access a fridge or microwave. If anyone has go-to paleo snacks/lunches that can be kept in my office or car for emergencies I think that would be very helpful for me, and I'd love suggestions.

I tend to leave for work around 6:30 and head straight to the gym around 6:30 at night, so I'd love some preworkout snack/meal ideas. Also, by the time I am home for dinner it is usually around 8pm, so premade, or preprepped easy meal ideas/resources would be fabulous.

I'm writing on this forum because I have very little confidence that I can do this, and I'm hoping that this community will help keep me accountable to my goal of completing a Whole30. Thanks in advance for your support!

E

Yes I think I'm going to let myself do food prep and have a beer or two Monday and then get serious on Tuesday. I'm glad I'll have some buddies going through the same thing I am! Let me know what recipes/tips you guys discover while you're doing it. I know I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Archived