Gearing up for a Sept 1st first time Whole30!!!

kirdyq

I have almost finished the book, and now I need to get into meal planning mode!

Any helpful suggestions?  Anybody else doing it for the first time?

I have subscribed to 5 Dinners in 1 Hour for quite a while now.  It's an online meal planning service.  They offer a Paleo option, so I'm hoping that I will be able to stick with it for dinner time meals.

Breakfast and lunches...I think I will struggle there.  It is definitely going to take some planning ahead on my part.  And sometimes vegetables and fruits don't agree with my crummy digestion issues.  That scares me.  I hope I can do this!

Hey! I noticed that you were starting the Whole30 on September 1st. I am, too! It's almost my first time. I didn't order the book, but I'm thinking I probably should order it today and have the book expedited. It seems like that book plays an integral part in this process. What made you decide to do the Whole30? I have lost 100 pounds and I am stuck at a plateau and for a new approach and I thought that the Whole30 plan looked really good. For me, I struggle with coming up with recipes and a meal plan. You can definitely do this! If you need some support, I am here for you. :)

Hi both of you!

I dont have the book but I will be starting on September 1st - it was already my intention to have a "sober September".  I'd love to buddy up with you guys!

shall we exchange meal and recipe plans? That is what I am in need of the most. :-)

It will be nice being able to have "strength in numbers!!"  :)

My motivation for doing this is to get healthy.  I have had IBS issues for years, lately I've been getting chronic headaches, and I also have a tendency to feel like I'm coming down with a cold at least every month, if not a couple times a month.  Something is wrong, and I  am hoping that "it all starts with food."  I've already done a major downgrade in the dairy department this past year, and it has been a huge help...so I feel like I've already had a small peek at the impact food can have.  This is hopefully just going to take it a big step further. 

I was hoping to meal plan this week, but things have been so hectic with work and kids that I haven't had the chance!  I need to get on that before I go grocery shopping this weekend. 

I can't wait to get started!

Hello!!!!

I just came across this - I am also starting September 1. I'd love to be able to connect with you guys - help keep each other motivated?

I live in Alberta, Canada - I have a 6 year old son. We have been "attempting" to follow the last few months - but September 1 is the actual start date!

Any suggestions to help keep us conntected? FB group? (etc.)

Looking forward to this!!!

Shandi

Yayy. Let's do this! I've been through two whole30s, one full year apart. As time passes I find myself wandering back toward the pasta and cheese. So now it's been about 4 months and I am excited to get back to the basics with my third round. This is my first time in the Forums, so I'm hoping it'll help me along, and hopefully I can help some of the newbies :-)

Dana

I'm starting Sept 1st too for my 1st time! Glad to join you all :) I'm looking to lose some weight, get back on track - reboot.. I have asthma and cutting out dairy before helped so I"m always looking for ways to live a vital healthy life :)

Alicia

I am starting September 1st also.  I follow a Paleo diet now but really need to concentrate on getting back to basics and knocking out the sugar monster!  It will be nice to have others on the same path for accountability and support!

I am heading back to school friday and starting the whole30 on monday! I did paleo in june-mid july and started feeling great soon after starting. I was put on some medications this spring that made me gain a lot of weight. I am hoping to shed those pounds as well as taking a holistic approach and come off the meds all together. I read the book and am all in! Its going to be hard doing the whole30 in school but i am up for the challenge. It will be good to have a support group while my friends are shoving their faces with processed sugar and alcohol!

:)

yes! I'm reading the book, and found a little recipe planned out for the 30 days... it's way too repetitive for me, but I'm doing this thing!

MY FIRST TIME..........ahhhhh. Freaking out, and excited all at the same time. I'm still at the beginning of the book, did love reading about the science...but now I'm just freaking because I'm tending my littlest grandbaby this fri- sun. so I've got a butt kicking day tomorrow to prepare! I'll at least get enough to begin my first weeks meals with a bang.

suggestions are scrambled eggs with fajita style veggies, salsa, tea or black coffee Breakfast

salad w protein and correct veggies for lunch...a lot of water

dinner: cooked, grilled, steamed, baked protein...steamed or baked veggie: mashed or whatever, and something called a monkey salad: which is coconut, cashew and banana.  etc.... This was one gal... then I spoke to my friend who gave me some other ideas... but like I said, I'm JUST getting into this... gonna skip ahead tonight to the FOOD stuff...see if I can find lists etc.

I know there are portion size  and a list of can have and don't haves...  I found that in the Eat Real food section.

good luck everyone... would love to help support you...and be supported by you! Not sure how to become friends, I'm about as savvy on the internet and the computer as I would be in Quantum physics... but- I'm given it a go! Let's DO THIS THING!!!! ; :)

I'm also starting Sept 1 in Alberta Canada! I've read the book and have a whole slew of recipes ready to make this as easy as I can. If you guys are starting a support group, I'd love to join :)

Starting my 2nd Whole30 today.  All the way from SA.  Finished my first one last week Thursday.... had some sugar and bread yesterday for the first time again.  I swear never again.  My allergic reaction went haywire last night.... so now I know I really can't have the sweet white stuff.  It really is amazing what Whole30 can do for your body.  One bite of sugar after thirty days and I was red and itching again!  I really wonder what causes this!?!  What happens in my body??  Anyway.  Good luck to you all.

How is everyone doing? I felt great days 4-5 but very low energy 6-7 and a persisting headache. I'm enjoying the creativity of meeting the meal rules but struggled when I tried to go out for dinner at the weekend - has anyone found a solution for that?!

Happy week two!

Archived