First Day is Oct 5th 2014.....

CyndiCO

Greetings from sunny COLORADO! My name is Cyndi and I'm doing the Whole30 for 8 million reasons!  But the most important is TO GET HEALTHY and show my daughter that eating health is a way of life and not a chore.  My muffin top from having a child...13 YEARS AGO...is still alive and growing.  My medical issues are starting to out number my fingers.  I feel depressed, sick and tired most days and have noticed my teenager daughter's eating habits to mimic mind!  TIME FOR A CHANGE! 

A very good friend of mine completed her second Whole30 in August. She has lost over 45 lbs and has never felt better. Her skin glows, as does her hair. Her complexion is flawless and energy doesn't stop her at 2 pm anymore.  What's NOT to like with that change?

As an emotional eater, this will be a challenge, but I'm worth this type of change so eat THAT emotions!

Getting ready for the week by planning each days meals, and making my family eat 85% of what I do so we don't have to cook 2 separate dinners.  My husband looked at the menu and said "wow, looks good."  

For anyone starting tomorrow...we got this!  Holler if you need support or some humor to get you through a tough day!  Cheers to CHANGE!

YES!  Made it through day one like a CHAMP!  Even went out to dinner with family and was 100% ON TRACK!  

Made up little egg cupcakes for breakfast this week with a sausage "crust", roasted acorn squash for a snack (OMG it's so yummy), prepped the veggies and sweet tater fries for dinner today and finished grocery shopping for the week. 

Was a but hungry before bed, but had some H20!  Woke up and watched my DAY ONE inspiration video from the newsletter and ready to rumble AGAIN!

How are YOU doing??  Drop me a line and lets do this together!!!

Day 7 ----YES!  I made it without hurting myself or ANYONE else!   ;)

Since I started my Whole30, I noticed....

*My Energy Levels are UP!  I don't feel like I have to take a 4 hour nap between 2-6 pm every day.  I spend that time prepping dinner for the next day!

*My emotions are all over the place (but I was also visited by my monthly friend...sorry men) but I'm not eating them away.  If I just stop and breathe, thinking about what is really upsetting me, then I can cry or be mad or stomp around like a 3 yr old and then move on.  This is the first time I'm not EMO eating and I'm proud!

* My body feels better.  My heartburn is GONE.  That 24 hr migraine from day 3 is GONE. I feel hungry three times a day when I should eat another meal. My skin looks GREAT!

*My clothes fit better.  I did try on a dress and took some photos of a dress I'd like to wear before the snow comes...it MAY happen now!  

*I haven't been able to exercise because I'm steal healing from toe surgery...yes just a toe but HOLY cow has it been a royal PITA!  I can only wear sandals for now, so walking is sometimes dangerous.  I have noticed that when I walk (to the office or around the store), I'm not constantly out of breathe.

So...OVERALL...this has been a TOUGH but WORTHWHILE week!  Hope everyone else is experiencing it positively as well!  

Ohhh...forgot to add this....favorite recipes of the week!

Chicken with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce:

http://bydawnnicole.com/2014/05/grilled-chicken-with-tarragon-mushroom-cream-sauce-whole30-compliant.html

Grilled Salmon:

Marinated in a little olive oil, powered ginger, garlic and scallions. Grill until done and served over a bed of sauteed kale w/ garlic and balsamic vinegar. My

husband and 13 yr old daughter LOVED it too! 

Happy days glad you're seeing benefits.

Day 7 for me today also. Skin looks better my skinny jeans from before my pregnancy now fit without giving me a muffin top. Haven't really had any side effects as yet. My blood sugars are improving quickly. Currently only taking meds at night and I hope to be off them soon. And also off the cigarettes 7 days as well. 3 weeks to go

Ohhh...forgot to add this....favorite recipes of the week!

Chicken with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce:

http://bydawnnicole.com/2014/05/grilled-chicken-with-tarragon-mushroom-cream-sauce-whole30-compliant.html

Grilled Salmon:

Marinated in a little olive oil, powered ginger, garlic and scallions. Grill until done and served over a bed of sauteed kale w/ garlic and balsamic vinegar. My

husband and 13 yr old daughter LOVED it too! 

Thanks for the Chicken recipe can't wait to make it.  Have you looked at the cookbook Well Fed 2 it's whole30 compliant.  I think that there are a lot of recipes on line as well from the cookbook.  I have 4 days left on my Whole 30 can't wait to weigh myself.  

Hello CyndiCO and Everyone else who started on October 5th!

My name is Antje and I am on my 7th day of my first whole30 as well.

I made it through my first week! I feel good about myself and the sugar dragon stayed in its cage. Although, it is a challenge to eat 3 big meals a day. The time between lunch and dinner is the hardest. I am still get hungry around 4pm. Most of the time I just eat some cashew, drink water or tea and make it till dinner time. I didn't exeperience any big mood changes the past week. I had a few days where I was tired in the afternoon and one day with a terrible headache (a little nap in the afternoon helped with that, no medication needed).

I give myself a high five for the first week. Even the ice cream and chocolate crossaints for 2 birthdays didn't seem to bother me! Yay!!!

We all can do it!!! Off to another great week...

Antje

I'm trying to get rid of MY muffin top too!  I would love to say that my daughter is 2...but she's 13!!!!!!!!!!   DANG IT!  Ohh well, better LATE than NEVER!!!  

Darkbloodangell....YOU GO!!!  Fitting into your pre-pregnancy skinny jeans is HUGE and stopping smoking...holy HECK!!!  Congrats!!!!

Cyndi Lou....You are welcome!  I put some others on your post too!  We can't believe how YUMMY these recipes are and HOW much I am enjoying coconut milk!  HA  I have seen and heard about Well Fed 2....so maybe today I'll check it out at the bookstore or on Amazon!  Do you have a favorite???  Thanks for the info!

Antje...YEAH for no Sugar Dragon!  I have the GLUTEN dragon!!!  I fine AFTER dinner is my bad time.  My husband is watching sports on tv and my daughter is "hanging" with friends or doing homework, so I find myself alone.  So last week I prepped for the next day's dinner and lunches to keep me in EAT HEALTHY MODE!  Seems to work so far!  I also had a 24 hr migraine....and I had to take one pill and add some extra sleep, but the next day I felt WAY better and started to have MORE energy!  I give YOU a HIGH 5 as well!!!  ALL of us really!!!

Ok ladies....we have this next week!!!  Keep in touch if you need some support, humor or a nice VENT!  WE GOT THIS!

Cyndi

• 4 weeks later...

Here I am on my LAST Day of the Whole30!  WOW...I DID IT!!!!  Can't wait to weight myself and measure as well.  I seem to care less about how much weight I've lost and focus on how much BETTER I'm feeling over all.  I have gotten sick a bunch of times in 30 days...had 3 WICKED migraines, but figured that was all part of this FUN process. 

I have figured out that FOOD has been my BFF for the last 38 yrs...never straying and ALWAYS there for me.  BIG EYE opener and so happy I did this for myself. 

The second factor of me doing this is to show my 13 yr old daughter that healthy living is OK and can be fun!  We started a Pilates a day program with each other and she's eating MUCH healthier now!  SO PROUD of us!

If you aren't sure if you should do this or not...JUST DO IT!  You won't regret it!  

Best of Luck!

Cyndi

Archived