First-timer start this week, Monday, Oct.6 likes Well-Fed recipes

pinerivergal

Greetings! I am 49, a mom, a nurse, with an unofficial doctoral degree in nutrition and dieting! I have done every diet known to womankind. I started on Monday with the food, and officially on the Whole Food emails on Tuesday.

Being unable to post until today, I was reading other first-timer's introductions. Eggs for breakfast seems to be a disheartening idea. I find that a little salsa on eggs breaks the monotony. Last night for dinner, I made a ground buffalo stir-fry (hot plate, per Melissa Joulwan) and it was soooo good, that was my breakfast today.

Actually, I'm going to call them Meal 1, 2, and 3. Breakfast just sounds like it needs to be too traditionally carb-laden toast and pancakes!

Sugar in all forms is my weakness. Thank goodness Whole 30 compares the inverse difficulty of drinking black coffee to childbirth; in all my decades of 'dieting' it wasn't until Monday that I had my coffee black.

Looking forward to the journey.

I'm not a big fan of salsa on eggs but i have found i LOVE tomatillo sauce on eggs - gives it that amazing fresh kick! I found it a few years ago from a paleo cookbook. It's ridiculously simple and tasty (even the anti-paleo boyfriend calls it "Rock Star Sauce"). I also top my eggs with avocado.

8-10 tomatillos (easily found in the produce section; they're the "papery" green tomatoes)

1-2 jalpenos (how spicy do you like it!?)

3-4 garlic cloves

1-2 tablespoons of lime juice

salt to taste

one bunch of cilantro

Peel and rinse the tomatillos and blacken them in a pan with the jalapeño (or roast all of them in the oven). once that's done, throw everything in the food processor or blender and run until everything is mixed. chill. put on eggs. tastes like summer.

Enjoy!

Archived