Starting the Whole 30 today 10/13/14

MichelleO137

Hi Michelle,

I'm looking for someone to do this with, as well. I have started today! I eat really well but I love my red wine in the evening. This Whole 30 will be awesome for me! I need to lose weight but that is not my primary concern. I need to get healthy! I have Celiac disease and Lyme disease (the first is probably caused by the latter). I believe that the Whole 30 is the way to go to see major changes in my health. You interested in working on this together?

Diiya

Hi DiiyA and Michelle!

My name is Jess. I completed Whole30 last Wednesday, but due to a slip-up with forgetting to check the ingredients list, I am starting over today. 

The first time around my husband partnered with me, but he will not be joining in the strict diet this time around. So it would be great to connect with some other people with the same goals. 

In my first 30, I saw some significant improvements and changes in my health. But I am not feeling 100% yet so I am looking forward to seeing the results of the next 30. 

Jess

Hi Jess,

Looking forward to working through this with you!

I am actually planning to do this until December 19th - so it will be more like a Whole 60+. I need as much time as possible. I'm encouraged to see people who have done it once simply continue on. It suggests to me that this is doable and effective!

My first time around I had planned to extend from a Whole30 to Whole60 as I knew my body needed more time to recover. I was so disappointed with my shelf for screwing up. It took me a couple of days to come to the realization that whether I was extending or just repeating I was doing my body a HUGE favor. 

It also worked out nicely that I was able to partake in thanksgiving without having to bring my own food everywhere I went. I didn't have to worry as much if they used real butter in their potatoes instead of clarified butter. 

I also enjoyed a few of my old favorites - french fries, starbucks, hot chocolate, sushi (I love rice), pancakes and found that it wasn't as tasty as I remember or dreamed them to be. I really wasn't missing out like I thought I was. Oddly enough I was ready for Tuesday to come and to start again.  

And to top it off, last nights dinner was a delicious grilled burger, with pineapple, sugar-free/nitrate free bacon, onions and iceburg lettace instead of a bun, with home made spicy yam wedges on the side. Yum. 

So... this is day 3. How is everyone doing? 

I feel great but have trouble sleeping. I used to have a glass of wine to help knock me out, but now I lay there for an hour or so before falling asleep. That said, I could have gotten up at 6am and made my hubby breakfast since I felt more awake than ever! But, I didn't. I rolled over and went back to sleep. ;)

D.

Archived