Honestly Changing My Life

KMacAvery

I have spent most of my life feeling like a slave to food. I vividly remember being the only 4th grader bringing "lean cuisines" to school because I was on a diet. I have never been happy with my body, although I've never really been horribly obese, just a tad overweight. I've struggled with binge-and-starve cycles for years, and it wasn't until the past couple of years that I really started to have a healthier mindset and to think of food as fuel. However, I still really struggled with my relationship with some foods, and that dreaded sugar dragon would get the best of me. I just figured I had something wrong with me and I'd always have these feelings of guilt and embarrassment.  A couple of months ago, a friend of mine told me about Whole 30. I thought it sounded tough, but also that it might be an answer to some of these issues I've struggled with for so long. I also do really well with specific goals and rules, so I knew I could do it. I can not even begin to describe how much I've learned from completing this program. The biggest thing I've found myself saying, for the first time in my LIFE, is that I am in control of what I eat, food does not control me! And I HONESTLY believe this now. This is huge. If I really want a delicious beer or a special dessert, I can have it because I want it and it's something special. I know how these foods make me feel, so I choose not to have them save for truly special occasions. Ultimately, it's about feeling fantastic! Not about losing weight or being "perfect". I choose not to have certain foods because I know they make ME feel bad.   This has been such a great experience, and I have learned SO much about myself and my body. I could keep rambling...

I hope other people can have this same, life-changing experience. It's funny how there's so much freedom in what some people might consider a "restrictive diet".   Feeling amazing.  :D [-=[]

Archived