I am a foodie and I am on day 12!

cgrunnergirl

Hi All-

This is my first time doing a whole 30. I did start August 1st made it 4 days and had to reset after not being prepared for numerous social engagements. With that said, I reset and am now finishing day 12 (I even made it thru my birthday yesterday!!!). I am reading ISWF and am loving it, it makes SENSE! I do know I still need to make tweaks & get some advice but I have the big ideas. :)

I am a foodie, I love to cook, I thrive on intense exercise (I am a yoga wimp!) but I run, cycle, do Crossfit, and teach spinning (1 day a week at a local gym). I also am a wife, mom, and work full time. I have a tendancy to take care of my families needs and put myself last and my health was paying the price. I have hormonal issues (perimenopausal symptoms-I'm 38), horrible sleep patterns, gaining weight, and I have been feeling crappy for a while now so I decided to take the plunge. I will NOT weigh myself for 30 days, I will BELIEVE in my-self, and I commit to the process. I have tried our Paleo challenges at my gym and have always let it get the better of me mentally. Not this time, HELLO WHOLE 30!

I am excited to see where this new path takes me. Good luck to everyone out there on this journey!

I was experiencing "jimmy legs" for a few days but those have gone away. But I am struggling with is daily headaches. They start about 10:30 am go away after lunch for a bit and then are back again around 2 or 3 pm. Is any one else having this issue? So I am going to log my food and see where I might need to make some changes. My below log does not reflect my inner foodie but it is what was on hand. Grocery shopping tomorrow!

B=2 kosher hot dogs, 1 egg, 3 figs from our tree, 1/2 banana and 1/2 can V-8 juice

L=approx 4 oz leftover halibut steak, 1/2 avocado, carrot sticks, and a peach

Snack=10 almonds & a banana

Dinner=flank steak, zuchinni cooked in clarified butter sauteed w/ onions & garlic, sweet potato, and a peach

Thoughts?

cgrunnergirl

Archived