Starting my postpartum W30 today

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to see if anyone else is starting a W30? I just had my third baby 10 weeks ago. I did my second W30 while pregnant with him (weeks 23-27 of pregnancy), and he was a happy, healthy (over 9 pound) baby! Hoping to slay the sugar dragon before the holidays, and obviously I wouldn't be upset if my last few pounds of baby weight came off too :)

Anyway, if anyone is getting started and wants a buddy, I'm in. 

Are you guys nursing/working/pumping?  I did a Whole 30 with my last baby and had a terrible drop in milk.  I'm hoping my post-partum Whole 30 has better results since I have not reintroduced a lot of the junk I was eating a year ago. 

I'm thinking of going a whole 30 close to my due date to let my body know that it has strictly good foods for milk making.

Please update on any tips for milk supply, particularly if you pump at work.  I've read lots on here, but nothing helped me last time.

Hi

I have started my whole30. I am on day 2 and it went ok today. I'm still so hungry from breastfeeding as my baby eats the whole time. I think I snacked a bit to much on almonds but at least it was not junk food.

Hi

I have started my whole30. I am on day 2 and it went ok today. I'm still so hungry from breastfeeding as my baby eats the whole time. I think I snacked a bit to much on almonds but at least it was not junk food.

Are you guys nursing/working/pumping?  I did a Whole 30 with my last baby and had a terrible drop in milk.  I'm hoping my post-partum Whole 30 has better results since I have not reintroduced a lot of the junk I was eating a year ago. 

I'm thinking of going a whole 30 close to my due date to let my body know that it has strictly good foods for milk making.

Please update on any tips for milk supply, particularly if you pump at work.  I've read lots on here, but nothing helped me last time.

I am nursing, but I work from home so I don't pump very often. I was nursing during my first W30, but she was older. I am definitely keeping an eye on it with this one, but I am in the same boat in terms of it not being a drastic change this time, since I haven't reintroduced a lot of non-W30 foods. 

I'll keep you posted! My plan is lots of water, extra fats and starchy veggies, and possibly fenugreek supplements if needed. 

Nursing mamas, just eat. And if things get desperate between the laundry and the nursing and the colic, sip on a can of coconut milk throughout the day. Really. Eat up. And then eat again. Forget that three meals a day business. Y'all eat. Making milk is one of those superpowers that requires frequent and major refueling. :wub:

Hi Ladies

I'm on day 5 today. It is super hard. I don't mind no sugar. But I really miss my rye bread. Grabbing a slice was so much easier.

I stay hungry so I snack a lot on nuts and raisins. I know I won't lose any weight on the whole30 if I'm going to snack on nuts all day.

I'm on day 4 and feeding my 2 month old girl :)  I'm eating sweet potatoes at pretty much every meal.  I made this hash for breakfasts--I used coconut oil instead of olive oil.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/sweet-potato-bacon-and-apple-hash-recipe.html

I made this stew on Monday to eat for a few days--I added more garlic and half a can of coconut milk  http://onceamonthmeals.com/chicken-sweet-potato-and-butternut-squash-slow-cooker-recipe/

I'm also making big salads with veggies, hard boiled eggs, avocado, bacon and homemade mayo/rance.  I have been hungry the past two days, so I'm upping my protein--I'm grilling some chicken today to put on my salad and I think I'll make a beef roast this weekend with carrots, onion, and white potatoes :)

Hi Ladies

I'm on day 5 today. It is super hard. I don't mind no sugar. But I really miss my rye bread. Grabbing a slice was so much easier.

I stay hungry so I snack a lot on nuts and raisins. I know I won't lose any weight on the whole30 if I'm going to snack on nuts all day.

I'm on day 4 and feeding my 2 month old girl :)  I'm eating sweet potatoes at pretty much every meal.  I made this hash for breakfasts--I used coconut oil instead of olive oil.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/sweet-potato-bacon-and-apple-hash-recipe.html

I made this stew on Monday to eat for a few days--I added more garlic and half a can of coconut milk  http://onceamonthmeals.com/chicken-sweet-potato-and-butternut-squash-slow-cooker-recipe/

I'm also making big salads with veggies, hard boiled eggs, avocado, bacon and homemade mayo/rance.  I have been hungry the past two days, so I'm upping my protein--I'm grilling some chicken today to put on my salad and I think I'll make a beef roast this weekend with carrots, onion, and white potatoes :)

You folks just plain need to eat the contents of your refrigerators every single day. Forget this three regular meals a day stuff. You're nursing. Eat. Then eat again. Then eat again. Protein, lots of it. Fat, way more than you consider morally right and proper. Carbs, tons. Sip on compliant coconut milk throughout the day. Nursing and weight loss may or may not happen together. Just eat. Really.

Thank you so much Amy S for giving permission to "Eat. Then eat again. Then eat again" while nursing.  I am on Day 17 and have felt guilt, almost like I wasn't doing something right, because I am so hungry and seem to be eating all the time instead of the 3 meals.  Your words make me feel much better!!!

I am on day five and nursing my 6 month old. I feel like my supply has dropped a little but I am eating all the time and drinking mothers milk tea. 

I will be adding more starchy veggies and sipping on a can of coconut milk in the next few days if it does not get better. 

I was super cranky on day three but these last two days have not been that bad. Not tired, but my skin is breaking out  <_<

Has anyone had issues with supply or a super fussy baby?  I am on day 9 and my 3 month old is eating way more than normal, super gassy, spitting up more than normal, and screaming most of the day.  This is not normal for him and I am certain it is more than just a growth spurt.  I eat tons of healthy fats and starchy veggies, and I eat and eat and eat but I feel like my supply is plummeting.  I nursed my first until 22 months so I know I am able to sufficiently feed my baby, but something has changed in the past week and I am concerned that I may need to hold off now and try again when he is older.   

Archived