starting November 11, 2014

seccotine1956

Hi,

My name is Nadia, I am 58 years old, living in Switzerland and France. I converted to a Paleo diet a while back now but caught myself cheating more and more. So it is back to basics with the Whole30.

Luckily, my husband is ready to follow the program too, which will help as he is the one cooking in our house. I cannot help thinking that it will be easier here than in the US, as there is far less added sugar in our food (bacon is always without sugar) and way less take out and processed foods available. And cooking our meals from scratch is the rule rather than the exception.

So I am not expecting many life-transforming experiences during those 30 days but rather a reminder that I can feel even better when banning all sugars. The hardest part will be to say goodbye to my daily Coke Zero, a 30 year habit.

Hello!

I'm starting my 3rd Whole30 today. I love the Paleo diet but have let SAD foods rule my world along with way too much sugar over the past 4-6 months. I'm ready for a re-start!

I too remember feeling so much better. Time for me to say bye to Breve Latte's and homemade ice cream...lovely but not the best for me.

Good luck on your journey.

I'm living in Kansas and we have plenty of grass fed beef...

Hi! I'm starting today as well. Good luck! I have a Diet Dr. Pepper problem. I stopped drinking it a few weeks ago though so that is one less addiction to work through, lol!

For me giving up my glass or two of beer or wine on the weekends will be challenging. :P

Hi. I started yesterday (11th) too. This is my second Whole 30. I lost 10lbs on the first and then promptly put it all back on over the last 4 months, technically eating Paleo, but letting all those Paleo desserts/snacks become all too frequent. So, back to the basics again. Not as forbidding this time. Know what to expect (e.g. the horrible headaches at the beginning and the plateau stage!).

Jane

I hear you about the new perspective. I am hoping this is finally the time that it "sticks" - that I don't just go off the wagon again once it is complete. I liked the article on day 3 about grieving. That clicked. I definitely do the "paleo xxxx" to try and sub my favorite treat and kid myself it is healthy.

Hi All, 

I'm going to jump in with you guys. I know its strange to start on a Friday, but I stiffened my resolve driving home today. I did the whole 30 last spring for the first time. I looked great, I felt great, but when it was done, I went on vacation, I changed jobs, and now for the past 6 months I've been in an environment rife with psychological triggers and temptations. Stress, social events, late nights. I also sit for longer periods of time for more hours a day now and my cube is right next to the snack cube. Now that I write this out, I'm surprised I have not gained more weight than I have. 

I started the job at 6' and 145 lbs. Now I am sure I am over 160. I refuse to look at the scale, half my cloths don't fit. I am cranky. I am tired in the middle of the day. I'm not going to lie, I'm doing this so I can feel like myself in time to see my family again at christmas, but also to kick off a real lifestyle change. If I'm going to survive this work environment and like myself by the end of it, the change needs to be real and lasting. I feel bloated, tired, and gross as I write this. Whole 9 living has become something that I live inside my head rather than in reality. I am ready to change that. 

Welcome KAE886! Your resolve improved my resolve! I totally want to feel myself again in time for Christmas - and to be able to tackle Christmas with calm and conviction. To not dive headfirst into choclate covered nuts, Quality Street chocolates (British brand I associate forever with Christmas - I have found them at our local international foods store here in the USA ugh), pudding, brussel sprouts (which I kid myself are healthy but the way I cook them, caramalized and covered in blue cheese and cranberries and walnuts, yeah, not so much). I love the decision chart they have somewhere on the site - a little flowchart to challenge yourself whether you really want xxx.

I am nervous about the first weekend. I am going out for dinner today and will be around lots of opportunities to snack poorly. I actually find it easier at work because I can have a controlled routine. Weekends and the associated chaos are way more difficult. Next weekend I am hosting a dinner party (made plans well before I signed up for whole 30 again!) and of course the week after that is Thanksgiving. We will have to really try and help each other beat cravings that week.

Re your cube and the snack cube. Is there anything that can be done to reduce that situation?. So close to temptation all the time must zap your stores of self control (it is a limited resource - at least for me!). Can it be moved or your cube? Can you put up a piece of cardboard or something so you cannot see it?

Good luck all with the first weekend

Jane

I agree that weekends are not as easy. My work environment is so controlled. I am so TIRED today. I slept for over 8 hours and took a nap. BUT, my eating has been spot on. I believe I've reached the nap phase earlier. Husband has been super supportive! Thanksgiving will be a challenge for sure. 

Archived