Day 3!! Ugh!

Suzanne72

Okay, I am on day 3 of my first W30. I am really excited about this process and am determined to be successful. I love the daily emails because they really help me realize that what I am feeling is normal and expected. However, I totally feel like the picture of the really tired kid in today's email. I am dragging! I am working today and worked right through my lunch break so sadly napping is not an option at the moment. Today is actually day 5 of no caffeine for me and I'm really missing it today. I know I can have coffee, but to me it's just not the same without cream or Splenda so I am avoiding it. I'm also quite hungry today. So tempted as I was to have a snack, I went ahead and fixed myself a small plate of steak and sweet potatoes. Three hours now til dinner and I'm sure I will make it.

So I have two questions...First, it seems counterintuitive to substitute a small meal for a small snack (like a handful of strawberries.) Is that about breaking the snack mentality or getting the right nutrients in or what?

Second, I took up running a few weeks ago. I'm not tracking my mileage, but I usually run for 15-20 minutes in the morning. Should I be eating a pre-workout snack and a post-workout snack in the morning? I usually get up and run first thing, but I'm not really clear on what constitutes a workout or what constitutes a PWO snack. And then I have breakfast after that? Just want to make sure I'm not eating too much or too little.

Thank you! Loving the support on this site! So much information!

Oh! And since this is my first post, I should introduce myself. I'm a 39yo married mother of two (ages 4 and 6.) I've been overweight for most of my life. I do try to stay somewhat active, but my biggest problem is my food choices. I eat fairly healthy meals, but often binge later on snack foods and candy. Food has always been a reward and a comfort to me and that's what I'm looking to be rid of.

Suzanne

Archived